Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Wink Waiting [to TTC] Christmas week CHATTER

C&P from last thread!

This thread is for women (or men if you don't mind woman talk ) who are waiting for whatever reason to add to their family.

Newbies always welcome!

Last thread can be found HERE

Who we are:

Unknown date or Multiple dates

Screen Name: bethsflutterby
Coarse of Action: Old Fashioned Way & Charting
Why Wait?: hubby is having a vasectomy reversal eventually

Screen Name: laur318
Coarse of Action: Old Fashioned way
Why Wait?: Just had a baby in April 2009. Also need more room in house.
[/COLOR]

Screen Name: JaylasMommy
Coarse of Action: Old Fashioned Way
Why Wait?: Not a good time to have a child

Screen Name: butterflies.in.a.jar
Coarse of Action: 8 days left til I'm off the pill... then we'll see what happens next!
Why Wait? My fiance has about a thousand reasons (excuses?) why we need to wait... mainly he's not comfortable with our current financial status (even though I've actually done the number crunching, and we could comfortably support a baby too) and then he adds on about a dozen things he wants to do before we become parents, but I think (along with a bunch of our mutual friends) that he's just nervous and scared. I'll be off the pill soon, so we'll have to see how things go from there. Maybe he'll set a date!

Screen name: filiadeluna
Course of Action: charting, CM, *maybe* OPKs
Why wait?: Just gave birth to DD in March '09. Wanting to wait a few months so there will be less risk of my milk drying up while she is still an infant. We aren't preventing, but I'm not sure I'm even ovulating yet since I've only had one PPAF and it was shorter than normal.

Screen Name: Liv'sMom
Course of Action: I'm charting. Looking forward to trying to remember that temp in the morning!
Why Wait? I need to get clearance from my gyn. due to some recent issues. I have that consult on Wed. so I'm hoping that goes well! We are hoping to start trying in Aug. or Sept. I also teach school, so we're hoping for a summer baby. The less of work I have to miss, the better (means I'll not get my pay docked!) :lol

Screen name: Slimy72
Coarse of Action: Wait til end of treatment, then charting, clomid, and anything else my dr tells me (if it's anything like last time it will be a while)
Why Wait?: Six months of hormone therapy after endometrial surgery (and six more to have it out of my system fully)

Screen name: Diapernewby
Coarse of Action: Not Preventing
Why Wait?: Appt with RE in September

Screen name: BrittBBT
Coarse of Action: Not trying. Mostly preventing. Want to start NFP but nursing messes me all up, hormone wise.
Why Wait?: I have infant twins. Need I say more? I want to begin trying when they are around 1-2. Oh, and income is a bit of a factor!

Screen Name: Spurk5532
Course of Action: eventually IUI
Why wait?: Need to deal with my life.

Screen Name: AlisonR80
Course of Action: Old-fashioned way, if DH gets on board
Why Wait?: Dh not on board

Screen Name: Mommysweetpea
Course of Action: NFP
Why Wait: We want to wait until our son is in kindergarten. We need a bigger house. I need to lose about 50 lbs. (I'm already down 7 in one week! Woohoo!)

screen name:
WilloWanka
course of action?: Once we start TTC I will be charting. My cycles are 56-90 days with two O gear ups, but only 1 actual O, so TTC can be frusturating. We have 5 children, but 11 pregnancies, getting pregnant is easy, staying pregnant...not so much. Anyway, charting, OPKs lots of sex, lol. I'm gonna look into Soy as well.
Why wait?: Waiting until DS is a year old or until I convince DH, whichever comes first... :P

Screen name- Tburchar
Real name- Tracie
course of action- no sex for a year (not by choice)
Why wait?- husband has a 13 month deployment to Iraq. Tried to concieve on his 2 weeks he got off this month but unfortunately AF decided to visit yesterday....He comes home January or February of this year then we will be full steam ahead!

Screen Name: DesertMomma
Coarse of Action: old fashion way
Why Wait?: Having Mirena removed soon, will wait a cycle or two to be sure my uterine lining is thick enough for the baby to stick

Screen Name:
Ready2Bmommy
Coarse of Action: old fashioned way, but with some WAY laid back charting
Why Wait? Waiting for DS to be approx 18 months before TTC. I'm also toying with the idea of going back to get my Master's Degree...we'll see.

Screen Name: BabyD'sMommy
Coarse of Action: condoms...hubby isn't much help because if he had it his way we wouldn't use them (he doesn't care if we get preg right now) so I have to ALWAYS be the responsible one, which is so hard
Why Wait?: I am afraid my milk will dry up if I get pregnant so I'm hopeful if I wait to ttc until March/April 2010 that my DD won't need to supplement with formula because she will be 9 or 10 months and that hopefully I won't experience any dips/changes in my milk the first few wks so I can get her to at least a year...I hope I'm not wrong. I just wish I knew I would be able to BF during pregnancy I hate to deny my DD her breastmilk because she loves it and I want that relationship to continue, but I also want to add to our family. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it, which is so stupid because that would be the least of most people's worries.

Screen Name:
Mayghan
Coarse of Action: Condoms, and then Baby Comp monitor to prevent in a couple months.
Why Wait?: We just had a molar pregnancy, have to get levels down to 0 and then were suppose to wait 6 months to try. Hoping for best case scenario of levels dropping very quickly and convincing doc to let us try earlier..

January 2010
Screen name: 3 ladybugs
Coarse of Action: FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) no more then 2 embryos
Why wait?: To wait for DS to get over 1 year old and to be weaned.

Screen name: staceyroo77
Why Wait?: Want DD to be breastfed exclusively for 1 year. Will not wean when ttc.

Screen Name: Cornelia9805
Coarse of Action: Old fashioned way... not preventing
Why Wait?: Lots of reasons

February 2010
Screen name: sterlids
Coarse of Action: dh is deploying in august and will be back in feb.
Why wait?: If not pregnant before dh deploys will use clomid once he gets back.

Screen Name: jaqie19
Coarse of Action: Old Fashioned way
Why Wait? Waiting for maternity insurance coverage...

March 2010
Screen Name: Treasure Of Mine
Why Wait?: Need to get DH on board, still nursing and don't have regular cycles yet, and would perfer a baby born in April or at Christmas.

Screen Name: chloebeansmom
Course of Action: Condoms , Once we start TTC I'll be charting
Why Wait? Had a very traumatic end to my pregnancy with DD (pre-e, emergency CS, 31 week birth, 6.5 week NICU stay) I"m working on losing 30 lbs (19 left) before TTC and would like to try next spring, but DH isn't on board yet, I'm working on him

Screen Name: ~Peach~
Course of Action: currently charting
Why Wait? We are waiting for financial reasons and because dh would be more comfortable waiting for Saedra to become a bit more independent.

Screen name: dsmrwtnttn
Coarse of Action: Old fashioned way.
Why wait?: SO hasn't said yes for sure yet. He likes the idea of another baby but doesn't want to commit until closer to when I actually want to ttc, which is February/March 2010. He says it will probably happen, and I am totally getting my hopes up because I've got baby fever so bad.

Screen Name: Imogen's_Mum
Coarse of Action: Charting
Why Wait? Every month I struggle with wanting to TTC and have to remind myself why the timing isn't good...I still have 25+ lbs to lose, we are trying to buy a house, DH's work is still sporadic....
But most of all, I need to be happy in the moment and enjoy DD before I give her a sibling!

April 2010
Screen Name: Savi
Coarse of Action: Currently on birth control until next May, hoping & planing to start ttc April 2010 after my yearly obgyn appt.
Why Wait?: Financial & looking to buy a bigger house. Needed to walk away from actively ttc when we suffered a miscarriage.

Screen Name: ankc
Coarse of Action: Fertility Awareness
Why Wait?: Just relocated this past summer and getting settled as well as my scheduled work/travel for the upcoming year.

May 2010

Screen name: Nate's mommy08
Course of Action: Clomid
Why Wait: My DH is deployed till May when we plan to start TTC again. He will be in schools also for June and July so we are going to have to figure that one out. We only have a 4 month window to get pg so that I am not left alone with a newborn and almost 3 year old for his next deployment.

June 2010

July 2010
Screen Name: daisy3060
Coarse of Action: Maybe charting otherwise Old Fashioned Way
Why Wait?: Not ready right now and want a spring baby.

Screen name:monkeymamaof2
Course of action: Mirina 5yrs (but will be out next April )
Why im waiting: We need for finances to get together and I want my boys to enjoy having a baby around while not being one themselves so I plan on ttc in July of 2010 and hopefully we get pregnant right away( I will be watching my body signs up until then)

Screen name: Steph410
Course of Action: we are waiting to TTC until summer 2010- July maybe?
we use NFP as a form of planning our family.
We are waiting because we currently have three under age 4 (youngest is almost 1 year). So we want to have a bit more space between the last two..

August 2010

Screen Name: Julesboch
Course of action: Trojan army
Reason for waiting: Lots! Financial, DH is deploying in Feb, I have IC, We may move within the next year, etc...etc...etc.

Screen Name: alliquay
Coarse of Action: IUD right now, then old fashioned way
Why Wait?: Just had a baby in Dec 2008. Still nursing and waiting for my body to recover fully (I have Lupus, so we're uber-careful to make sure I'm in good health!) I just don't feel ready yet but I want my kids spaced close, and I want to get my childbearing out of the way! (I'm 28 now)

Screen Name:
boy-oh-boy
Coarse of Action: not preventing
Why Wait?: DH isn't on board. He wants to wait another year at least. I, however, think August 2010 would be a great time

Screen Name: libranbutterfly
Course of Action: getting IUD out Next week, charting to avoid/condoms until ready.
Why Wait? We are waiting so that I don't miss too much school and we can have a bigger house by then. We are hoping to avoid the negative reactions of our families. We will TTC August 2010! Glad to have a closer date.

Screen Name: court3189
Coarse of Action: umm...
Why Wait?: I work-thus we have to use childcare. It will cost us $2,000 a month for two kids in childcare-and we just finished paying that for DS & DD combined-and now DD's tuition just dropped as she turned 2. Long story short-we need to save/brace for that financial impact again and I don't think we can handle more than 2 years of this type of payment.

September 2010
Screen Name: Itzfaith
Coarse of Action: the Ring but skipped it this month
Why Wait? Wanting a summer baby, but not next year, so we will probably start trying Fall of 2010.

Screen Name: October Sky
Coarse of Action: old fashioned way, but with some WAY laid back charting
Why Wait? Hubby and I are both transitioning to self-employment to be a wahm family and also gotta move one more time (argh).

October 2010

Screen Name: beckstar
Course of Action: LAM, our youngest is only 5 months old, and im tandem nursing her 2yo brother. once ppaf returns, i suppose we'll use condoms or spermicide along with NFP/FAM...charting is fun!
Why Wait? well, we have a 5 month old daughter mostly. also, hubs is still pretty much on the fence about whether or not we'll ever ttc again...but the best he can give me is that he would like to wait until pea is 2...which is in may of 2011...also, i'd really like to have another spring baby...and be nice and preggo during the holidays. truthfully, i dont know if we'll make it that far since ive already got the itch...but his wants/needs are important to me, too.

November 2010

December 2010

January 2011

February 2011

March 2011

April 2011

May 2011
Screenname: funfunkyfantastic
Coarse of Action: IUD right now, then the old fashioned way later
Why wait: DH deploys in October of 2010 and really wants to be there for the whole process this time. So, we're going to TTC in the spring of 2011 when he returns home... probably about May 2011.

June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011

This Month's graduated members: Good luck!
December 2009

Screen Name: buttonnose
Coarse of Action: Going off BCP in December 2009 prep for cycling will be charting and using OPK's
Why wait?: Financal reasons

Screen Name: allyn2008
Coarse of Action: not preventing, but my af hasn't returned since DS was born.
Why Wait? DH isn't fully on board...working on that

Screen Name: Mommykeller0107
Course of Action: Charting / Possibly help from RE. I can get pregnant just fine, but after two losses I'm worried about *staying* pregnant. Progesterone seems to be an issue.
Why Wait: I've had a bad go around with this loss. Two D&Cs, a hospitalization because of uterine infection and a lot of heartache later... We think it's best to give my body & mind a rest until at least september 2010.

Screen Name: rcarver
Coarse of Action: exercising and dieting like a crazy person
Why Wait? OB told me I could reduce my risk of developing pre-eclampsia again if I lost the baby weight. 11 pounds to go!

CONGRATS on a BFP to

Screen Name: mostlymerrymary

Screen Name: oddduck

Screen Name: dragondance

Advertisement

David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

Last edited by bethsflutterby; 01-04-2010 at 10:13 AM.
bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
bethsflutterby
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Waiting [to TTC] Christmas week CHATTER

figured I would get this started

Instead of QOTD's I figured we could go freestyle for the week!

I am hoping everyone is doing well this week and we all have an awesome time with our families this Holiday Season!

Old 12-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ah yes. another stressful christmas...at least i can be happy, for once, that i am not pregnant or expecting to add to the fam any time soon...hubs' is pressed for money due to a late contract being pushed til after the new year...when of course everything will be all ok again...just getting through this time is what we have to do...

so its nice to not have to be pregnant and worried...i keep thinking i want the next/last time i am pregnant to be PERFECT in every way...i want to lose 30 lbs first...i want to have no one in diapers...i want to be able to nap when i need to...i want my husband to have time to rub my shoulders and feet every night...these things make it worth waiting for...

how bout you ladies?

what makes waiting to ttc worth it for you?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
bethsflutterby
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm not really "waiting" on purpose! LOL I have no choice in the matter, but REALLY I'd like to lose about 40lbs. & get my migraines under control...THEN everything would be PERFECT (well as perfect as it can get for me )

Old 12-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hey girls! I am in the X-mas doldrums I want to feel all the holiday cheer but it is hard when it is warm and sunny outside and my family is 1200 miles away. The good thing is though that we have a OB appt on Jan 5th and we will see if my cervix is strong enough to have a normal pregnancy sans cerclage... If that is the case DH and I might start trying sooner.

Otherwise I am pretty boring just "blue" about X-mas
Old 12-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post

what makes waiting to ttc worth it for you?
I would love for DH to experience an entire pregnancy since he hasn't been around for either of our girls. On the other hand I have the "fever" in a bad way
Old 12-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
bethsflutterby
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Hey girls! I am in the X-mas doldrums I want to feel all the holiday cheer but it is hard when it is warm and sunny outside and my family is 1200 miles away. The good thing is though that we have a OB appt on Jan 5th and we will see if my cervix is strong enough to have a normal pregnancy sans cerclage... If that is the case DH and I might start trying sooner.

Otherwise I am pretty boring just "blue" about X-mas
mama! Its been VERY warm here in FL too, but chilly the last few days and a freeze warning tonight

Old 12-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #8
court3189
Registered Users
seller

Ok! Finally posting my 'introduction'.

We're hoping to start trying this August.

Why Wait?: I work-thus we have to use childcare. It will cost us $2,000 a month for two kids in childcare-and we just finished paying that for DS & DD combined-and now DD's tuition just dropped as she turned 2. Long story short-we need to save/brace for that financial impact again and I don't think we can handle more than 2 years of this type of payment.

On the what makes ttc worth waiting for...I guess I'd like to lose the rest of the weight I gained with DD and I try to tell myself all sorts of things to make waiting easier ... more time to spend with DS and DD, more time to myself, I'm not quite ready yet, more money, more...., but really when it comes down to it, we're only waiting because of finances.

Mom to Mason (3/2003) and Maddie (11/2007) and Morgan (3/2011)
court3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #9
bethsflutterby
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by court3189 View Post
Ok! Finally posting my 'introduction'.

We're hoping to start trying this August.

On the what makes ttc worth waiting for...I guess I'd like to lose the rest of the weight I gained with DD and I try to tell myself all sorts of things to make waiting easier ... more time to spend with DS and DD, more time to myself, I'm not quite ready yet, more money, more...., but really when it comes down to it, we're only waiting because of finances.
adding you! &

Old 12-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another not waiting on purpose. Actually everyday it breaks my heart that we can't get pregnant. I want nothing but to be pregnant right now but we have to wait... Im not sure what our doctor will recommend in terms of waiting, so far my hcg levels are down to 13 and have fallen really quickly, hopefully they'll be negative once I see the OB. But most recommend a 6 month wait and that's just too long... if it was up to me Id wait 2 but DH wants to follow OB's recommendations no matter what that is...