Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #11
Lisa_delo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thirfty Vacuums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minneapolisite View Post
Happy to help! My husband and I are clean freaks. It's amazing what that Dyson picked up. I had bought a less expensive vacuum from Target and vacuumed the floors. I thought it did a good job, but it wasn't self propelled so I felt like I had been lifting weights all day! I returned it and we bought the Dyson. My husband vacuumed the first floor of our house (just two regular sized rooms) and had to empty the filter because it sucked up SO MUCH STUFF that the other brand-new $80 vacuum left behind. I've never used the Dyson because my husband HOGS it! He looooves vacuuming now and says it is "satisfying" and "cathartic." (He also won't let me do laundry because it's "cathartic" for him. No, he's not for sale!)
This was us!

We received our Dyson 7 years ago as a wedding present from our in laws.

When we moved from Hawaii to CT we had no dyson for about 2 months while they shipped it. Their was no way we could go that long without cleaning my floors. So we bought a $100 vacuum from target or walmart was a bissell or something. It seemed like it did an ok job. When our Dyson finally made it home, it was disgusting what it picked up. We even did a test, we used the cheap one first then went over with the Dyson. No competition in my mind. You really do get what you pay for. We will never use a cheaper vacuum again, they just don't clean the same.

Advertisement