Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #11
TsMom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Went to sposies at night....do I feel guilty or just go with it?

I would just roll with it...I tried lots of stuff but had to go with some overnight sposies...nothing else seemed to hold! I CD the rest of the time though!

Advertisement

TsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #12
AmandaHW
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For DS2 we started using sposies at night around 16 months. He just peed out of EVERYTHING we tried or was so wrapped up his legs were stuck in the air OK, not really stuck but obviously uncomfortable, which meant less sleep for us, etc.

I imagine DS2 will need to go that route at some point.

Anyway, don't feel guilty. The 7 you use in a week is less than 95% of moms use on babies in a day in this country.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #13
sienna
Registered Users

i used to use sposies AND SHE PEED OUT OF THEM...lol...even after a 10 pm change and even after going up a size. so we are cding at night (still with the 10 pm change.) She's an all night nurser so i fully expect our current system to expire at some point too, at which time i'll try sposies again. TBH i am not cding for environmental reasons, just to save money (and now that i'm really into it, b/c it is fun.) The environment is a bonus..
S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #14
3inclothdiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I switched ds2 to sposies for nighttime when he was 13 mo old (he's 2 now) and he finally started sleeping through the night. That's reason enough for me to keep buying the sposies for nighttime!

Don't sweat it, it's not that big of a deal. I too tried every cloth option I could, and I finally gave up. Sleep is much more important (especially since I have a 2 month old now!).
3inclothdiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #15
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you son is comfy in them, that's top priority to me. We use disposables at night. Not because we can't find a system that works (FB with one or two MOEs work fine for us), but because I like that in the morning his skin is still dry, not moist and pink. I don't feel bad. I use one disposables a day instead of 10. kwim?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #16
valvyann
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wouldnt feel bad about it either.... We have a good night time system right now... which is a Swaddlebees one size fitted w/the extra snap-in doubler and a fleece stay-dry liner and then an aristocrat or a delux stacinator fleece. But now that I am adding it up in my head... that system is almost $50!! (and you need at least 2 or 3 diapers so that you dont have to wash every day) Which seems a bit ridiculous.
Plus, like someone else said, once you get the diaper on that is one massive bum and it can be quite a challenge to fit it into footies... Not to mention the fact that it is a pain to put on and almost impossible to do at 4am when you are desperately needing sleep. So, I would say go w/the sposies.... once DS outgrows this system we may do the same. We use them when we are traveling and keep 1 or 2 in the diaper bag just in case. They are so compact and I just cant justify hauling around more than a couple of CDs all the time.

Just one word to the wise: avoid WholeFoods brand diapers. We tried to go the more ecological and cost effective route but have only had one leak or blow out after the other.... Target diapers are so cheap and effective and arent perfumy like some others.

Good Luck and dont feel bad... do whatever works for your family!
valvyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #17
mary.margaret
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You have to do what works for you!

The funny thing is that we have way fewer leaks with cloth than we did with disposables at night. Before switching to cloth both boys had damp PJs in the morning from the Pampers leaks.

The only cloth that works for us is fitteds with joey bunz doublers and pull on wool covers. It keeps them dry dry dry dry! Never had a leak!

But don't feel guilty for using disposables if that works for you right now. If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Mary-Margaret
Old 01-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #18
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't feel bad about it. But, have you tried leobaby mighty nighty or mightier nighty inserts for your pockets? This is the one thing that ensures we'll have a dry bed in the morning.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna00 View Post
WE use sposies at night becuase that's the only thing that works for us for "the long haul"... I don't feel guilty whatsoever. I think 7 sposies a week is a whole lot better than more than that in one day!!
yup us too this is my exact rationale...I have tried everything to keep my heavy wetter dry by morning but nothing works he is always soaked always !! SO I figured that 7 spoises for a week is better than in 1 day as I woudl pretty much go through 10-12 sposies in one day if I werent using cloth....SO buying 1 package for us of about 30-40 diapers last us 1 day opposed to 3 days!! It works so go with it!!
Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #20
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had to. DD sleeps so long as night no diaper/liner combination kept her dry enough to keep her from getting a rash.

Now we use sposies at night (one) and I use her former night diapers for naps. I felt bad about a week, but she has not woken up with a rash since.

I am not happy with the sposies because we tend to have one split open a week. Grrrr.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote