Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
2under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
nourishing traditions/weston price followers?

hi, we have been following that "diet"/way of life for about a year now and just wondering if anyone else does it or knows what it is!!

In case anyone is wondering the basics are raw milk, full fat organic dairy, organic produce, coconut oil or other tropical oils, sprouting and fermenting foods... (that is a really basic idea!)

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

Re: nourishing traditions/weston price followers?

I've read both Nourishing Traditions and some of Weston A Price's material. There are elements of it that we do, but we don't follow it entirely. I lost my source for raw milk. My FIL raises organic grass fed beef which is a HUGE blessing for us! I should switch to coconut oil, but I'm not sure what kind to buy. (Advice or SPAM would be appreciated here! ). I've just started experimenting with ferments this year and am having a ball with it. Do you make ferments? If so, what kind?
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #3
2under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For coconut oil, Spectrum brand is the most widely available in stores, you can look at the natural/organic section in your local supermarket and somethimes it is there. otherwise we use "the wilderness family" brand, we use the fermented oil a lot, i actually like the taste of it a little better ( i think it is just a slightly stronger coconut flavor. right now i just do sauerkraut, and fermented dairy--kefir, buttermilk, pima cream etc. that is awesome that you il raise good beef!! Organic beef is sooo expensive!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:19 AM   #4
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

I'll have to keep an eye out for the Spectrum brand coconut oil. I know that Walmart carries Lou Ann, but I don't think it's organic. What's your opinion on that one? (Sorry to bombard you with questions, but I hate to buy coconut oil that doesn't have the health benefits.)

I am finding the ferments so much fun and really tasty. I tried saurkraut once, but it didn't turn out. I need to try again. I did make some tasty kimchi. I'm also doing the milk kefir, water kefir, kombucha, and ginger beer (non-alcoholic). I really enjoy it--esp watching the fermentation form, but we now have jars of this stuff lining the counters and cluttering up the frig. I may try to rest some of my cultures until we catch up.
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote