Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
wilcofoxtrot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing Tanks for Tall Mom's

I am searching for longer nursing tanks, I'm 5' 10, and have a long torso. I have a few of the ones from Target, and even though I am small busted, I have to get the 2XL for them to be long enough for my belly not to hang out. They are comfy and cheap, but since breastfeeding is going so well this time around, I think I'll be at it a while and want to get some tanks that will last, and fit right. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
renee33019
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing Tanks for Tall Mom's

I am exactly like you mama... I have seen glamourmom has long nursing tanks but I just can't get myself to fork over $42 on one! I am waiting for a sale or something...
renee33019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
KatSpradley
Registered Users

I ordered 1 on ebay for 10 bucks-gap and it is super long
[COLOR="Magenta"]DW to Seth, DS Charles 05/07, DFD 02/10, Baby Angel 07/06/06COLOR] www.GeneralDeasil.com (products) www.KatsKardnskrafts.etsy.com (feedback)All Natural Homemade Cleaning and Body Products GET CLEAN!
KatSpradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got 2 glamourmom tank off of ebay and LOVE them!
The seller had the make an offer option and I believe I paid $20-25 each.
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Chey
Banned

My Mood:

I like more support than the Glamourmom type tanks offer. I went to one of those cheap juniors clothing stores with the cheap throw away clothes that all the teenagers shop at and they always have the super long tanks. I managed to find some that were really stretchy and did not have the built in shelf bra. I wear my nursing bra under them and a regular shirt over them and I just pull the front down when I undo my bra. They are sooooo stretchy that it is not uncomfortable at all. I really love them. I paid $5 for each tank and they are long enough that I can pull them down and they completely cover my bum, the straps are really stretchy. I am 5'8" tall. I bought 3 black, 3 white and a brown and they are a staple and everyone I have recommended them to has loved them as well. They fit snug through the body so they don't interfere with anything else I wear, there is no added bulk.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
tiffsnest
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey View Post
I like more support than the Glamourmom type tanks offer. I went to one of those cheap juniors clothing stores with the cheap throw away clothes that all the teenagers shop at and they always have the super long tanks. I managed to find some that were really stretchy and did not have the built in shelf bra. I wear my nursing bra under them and a regular shirt over them and I just pull the front down when I undo my bra. They are sooooo stretchy that it is not uncomfortable at all. I really love them. I paid $5 for each tank and they are long enough that I can pull them down and they completely cover my bum, the straps are really stretchy. I am 5'8" tall. I bought 3 black, 3 white and a brown and they are a staple and everyone I have recommended them to has loved them as well. They fit snug through the body so they don't interfere with anything else I wear, there is no added bulk.
As I don't have anywhere to try on any of the tanks, and all the Target ones or Motherhood ones are WAY too short (I am 5'8" and very long torso-ed), I couldn't bring myself to order even used ones...I ended up buying some of those slick, lycra-y ones that you can get for $5 at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross. I have to wear them with a nursing bra, but the tanks don't hold up my milk-laden boobs anyway... Because they are so stretchy, they pull down super easy with the flap of my bra...and they are so smooth they don't pull my clothes funny...
tiffsnest is offline   Reply With Quote