Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nautilus alternative?

I always thought I'd move ds1 to a nautilus when ds2 needed his convertible but with the recent issues with Graco and then reading some not great reviews on the nautilus I think I should look into some other options.

The nautilus is pretty close to the top of my price range. Size isn't too much of an issue since it's in an envoy but eventually I'll need to have 3 seats across (a seat will need to fit rf next to it until we upgrade to something with a third row). What would my friendly neighborhood carseat experts recommend?

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014, 01:02 AM   #2
ketchupqueen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nautilus alternative?

The Nautilus is still a great buy in its price range. It's easy to install and use. The other combination seats I'd recommend in that price range are the Evenflo SecureKid 300 or 400, which are fairly comparable to the Nautilus in height and install and are a bit narrower/play better in a three across.

The other seat I'd look at is the Evenflo SureRide/Titan 65. Even though it's a convertible it's taller than most combinations (third tallest overall harness on the market currently), lightweight (and so allows LATCH to 55 lbs in most vehicles), easy to install, puzzles well with many seats, and at under $100 is cheap enough to make up for buying a booster later.

Steer clear of the Baby Trend Hybrid combination, it's a horrific install in most cars.
ketchupqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:42 AM   #3
ketchupqueen
Registered Users
seller

(The Harmony Defender is quite narrow, same height as SecureKid, but sometimes easy, sometimes difficult to install, and it is almost impossible to find right now. And you have to put it together yourself. For the price it's ok but I think you can do better.)
Old 09-17-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The radian r100 was pretty cheap online when I bought it a few months ago. Under $200. Idk what a nautilus costs, but this is super slim and easy to install, and I shouldn't ever have to buy another seat. And it fits nice in my super tiny mini.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
ketchupqueen
Registered Users
seller

The Radian isn't as tall, and has a high incompatibility rate, and doesn't make a great booster, though it's a well-loved convertible.