Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #11
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaci View Post
Here are a couple of websites that might be of assistance...

http://www.cirp.org/pages/cultural/glass2/

http://www.cirp.org/pages/cultural/peron1/

Hope you find something that helps!
Ooh, those are good links! Bookmarking them

Advertisement

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #12
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bib

Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Essentially, the death and ressurrection of Christ released us from Old Testament covenants, including the need to circumcise.

The only 2 major religions that circumcise (that I know of) are Jews and Muslims. Christians in every other country in the world do not circumcise for religious reasons. The Pope is most likely intact. Christians are not called to circumcise their sons.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #13
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Off topic, but at the end of the day he can't consent to it being done. I think a lot of hospitals will only allow mothers to sign consent forms and if they aren't married I would be shocked if he could consent to anything.

So, if he still insists on circing and she doesn't want it done, it doesn't have to be done. She can refuse to sign and that is that. Not the best way to do it, but it is an option for her.

Last edited by Getz; 01-23-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #14
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I hope a logical, rational and reasonable discussion can take place. It's not a situation I'd want to be in so let her know she and her SO are in our prayers that they can sit down with facts for each side and discuss this like adults.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #15
Tasha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz View Post
Off topic, but at the end of the day he can't consent to it being done. I think a lot of hospitals will only allow mothers to sign consent forms and if they aren't married I would be shocked if he could consent to anything.

So, if he still insists on circing and she doesn't want it done, it doesn't have to be done. She can refuse to sign and that is that. Not the best way to do it, but it is an option for her.
I agree with this poster. Also, I certainly don't advocate circ. for any reason, but can she just tell him that she just doesn't want to get it done at the hospital and just keep putting it off, like forever? It sounds like he is being a real jerk.
Tasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #16
beanmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is slightly OT, but could save some of the hard feelings for your poor sister...

Are they planning on trying to find out the gender of the baby before baby is born? Of course they will make the decision on if that's what they want to do...but there's a 50/50 chance they won't have to make this decision for this child and it seems like it's causing a lot of frustration and hurt feelings, and driving a wedge between a couple that really need to remain strong for this upcoming birth and baby.

If they are going to be surprised or are unable to find out...I really hope some of the things above will help. I feel for your sister she doesn't need the added stress
beanmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
ladybugmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think that the mother has the final say with this one. But with that said, when God created Adam and Eve he said "It is good"- not it is good if it is chopped off (foreskin that is).
ETA: what I mean is that God's creation was good/perfect as it was and didn't need to be changed.

Last edited by ladybugmom; 01-23-2007 at 10:16 PM.
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #18
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
I hope a logical, rational and reasonable discussion can take place. It's not a situation I'd want to be in so let her know she and her SO are in our prayers that they can sit down with facts for each side and discuss this like adults.
Yeah, I wish they could too. But the sad part is - *she's* the kid (19). He's the adult (25). Yet she's the only one acting adult about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanmama View Post
This is slightly OT, but could save some of the hard feelings for your poor sister...

Are they planning on trying to find out the gender of the baby before baby is born? Of course they will make the decision on if that's what they want to do...but there's a 50/50 chance they won't have to make this decision for this child and it seems like it's causing a lot of frustration and hurt feelings, and driving a wedge between a couple that really need to remain strong for this upcoming birth and baby.

If they are going to be surprised or are unable to find out...I really hope some of the things above will help. I feel for your sister she doesn't need the added stress

Oh trust me... she is DYING to know one way or the other just for this reason. She wants it to be a girl but in a way she wants it to be a boy too - because if its a girl then the problem will only go away for a little while, kwim?

Or, then again, if she had a girl and then DOESN'T have any more kids with him, then there won't ever be a problem again....

Last edited by urchin_grey; 01-23-2007 at 10:10 PM.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #19
RachelFlores
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
he thinks ALL doctors and any medical staff are always right. He like worships them or something.
Sounds like you need to find a Dr. to back up the claim that circs are completely unnecessary. You can find them on the internet BUT I'm sure that won't do any good. You could have your sister start looking for a ped. that will back her up on it and then have her take her SO to a interview with them before the baby is born. This may sound biased, but if you look for a doctor who is first gen American they are most likely uncirced since the rest of the world doesn't really do it. You can't get a much better opinion than from a Dr. who is uncirced himself.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #20
beanmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post

Oh trust me... she is DYING to know one way or the other just for this reason. She wants it to be a girl but in a way she wants it to be a boy too - because it its a girl then the problem will only go away for a little while, kwim?

Or, then again, if she had a girl and then DOESN'T have any more kids with him, then there won't ever be a problem again....
I hope she's able to find out soon as you say it may only go away for awhile, but at least if it's a girl she'll get a little break. He might make a different decision down the road after having a child (sometimes it changes everything, you know ). If she does have more kids with him or it may never be a problem again! Keep us posted
beanmama is offline   Reply With Quote