Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 PM   #21
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bib

Quote:
Originally Posted by natieboyzmom View Post
I think that the mother has the final say with this one. But with that said, when God created Adam and Eve he said "It is good"- not it is good if it is chopped off.

I have to remember that one!

Advertisement

momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:19 PM   #22
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bib

Quote:
Originally Posted by natieboyzmom View Post
I think that the mother has the final say with this one. But with that said, when God created Adam and Eve he said "It is good"- not it is good if it is chopped off (foreskin that is).
ETA: what I mean is that God's creation was good/perfect as it was and didn't need to be changed.

That's great!
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #23
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Carly I am not knocking you for taking a religious approach to this topic, but feel you are going to be quite hard pressed. I think if you take a more global/historical approach to this then they might see that the United States was one of the few countries that circumcised as a general practice. (I think if it were all over the bible, this would not have become as common as it once was) During WWII, the Germans often made Jewish men pull down their pants to prove they were Jewish. The Christian men (if that is what you want to call them, they were with the SS after all) certainly were left they way God made them. I wish I knew more on the history of circumcision and why it began and why it is more or less coming to an end as an automatic thing. I remember my best friend had to fight the nurses on the subject twelve years ago to leave her son intact, but it is not quite the same anymore, many insurance companies will not cover it.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #24
Dearonebaby
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bible)

Hmmm... I am sorry that this is such a strain on the family... I just can't understand why it is so hard to get others to at least consider what they have not heard.. if they have heard it before then fine... what they say is an educated decision.. but to say before you read... I don't understand it... I hope that your sister and he can work this out. I mean.. how does a family divided over this come to a solid decision? Difficult. Have you tried having another guyfriend talk to him about it? sometimes that works with some men I know.. you know.. if it isn't coming from a woman thing.
Sarah k
Dearonebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #25
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Circumcision was started in America by the Victorians who thought by removing the most sensitive part of the penis they could stop men from masturbating. Masturbation, of course, led to bad behavior. I think most of us know that circumcision doesn't stop men from masturbating.

It didn't become really popular until World War II when most of the soldiers were circumcised as a preventative measure against STDs. Well, we know circumcision doesn't prevent STDs either.

So routine infant circumcision as we know it today has really been around since the Baby Boomers were born. Our grandfathers probably were not circumcised as infants, and are/were probably intact if they were not WWII vets.

It is amazing how quickly it became a cultural norm.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #26
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the the thoughts on needing the mothers consent... Good luck to your sister though,
Old 01-23-2007, 10:43 PM   #27
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearonebaby View Post
Hmmm... I am sorry that this is such a strain on the family... I just can't understand why it is so hard to get others to at least consider what they have not heard.. if they have heard it before then fine... what they say is an educated decision.. but to say before you read... I don't understand it... I hope that your sister and he can work this out. I mean.. how does a family divided over this come to a solid decision? Difficult. Have you tried having another guyfriend talk to him about it? sometimes that works with some men I know.. you know.. if it isn't coming from a woman thing.
Sarah k
He's already went around getting all of his friends opinions and they are all circ'd and all say they like it that way. But how could they know??? Bram's dad has the opposite opinion (and is circ'd but now knows what the foreskin is FOR) but her BF won't listen to him for some reason... I guess because its not what he wants to hear.

Last edited by urchin_grey; 01-23-2007 at 10:44 PM.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #28
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Wow tough situation.....I will pray that everything gets worked out.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #29
Dearonebaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah.. more than likely that is what he is doing hon. You know, sometimes people get an opinion in their head that it is just right and that is just all there is.. for some it is a just right for them and then somethings it is really "just right" or wrong...lol. In this case.. there is a third person involved, Person one is thinking that they don't want to circ.. may I ask what your sister's reason for not circ'ing is? (I am assuming, she doesn't want to put her child through the pain of it for a possible "no reason" scenario) Person two is saying it is because it is disgusting, ( I could understand it if it were because he had a lot of friends that hadn't had it done young and now had problems with it or he had done research that scared him that direction, but that isn't the case here), now let's look at person 3, the unborn, He is going to want to have a good life, so he is trusting persons 1 and 2 to do what is best.. the question is what is best? Both sides has pluses and minuses, but frankly the man in this one has not itterated anything intelligent about it... Here's an idea, if the doctor tells him it isn't necessary would that help at all????? Something has to give here.. Goodness... Is this guy Bible based? Is this why you are trying that angle? If so, what about them meeting with their pastor????
Dearonebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #30
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

You can try this link

http://www.catholicsagainstcircumcision.org/

And this is re-printed from another board (please don't take up debate with it, anyone, as they are not my words so I cannot defend them!):

Ever wonder why people say Christians shouldn't circ? Seeing as this it not a 'please dont down religion' topic I am making. Understand I am a Christian myself, as well as am circumcized. I also wish that I was not circed. This is my bible study that confirmed that, as a believer in Jesus, I should obey his commands about circumcision, and not follow the old law of Moses.

I remind you, and those that you will show this to, that Christians learn from the whole bible but only live their lives according to the new Testement. If something in the new testement contradicts old testement then a Christian should abide by the laws in the new. Now this may help on both ends and there may be alot of reading for you.

This is how I would open it:

1 Corinthians 7

18Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts. 20Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him.

This scripture signifies that it is ok to be circumsized. However it is not required. There is 'nothing' wrong with you for being circumsized, because God sees no fault in it. However it is not required to circumsize new believers or even the called people. And I remind you that God called your sons name before he is even born

Galatians 2

11When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. 12Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

This is how God feels about people who believe the uncircumcised are below them. He feels that those who deem circumcision as necessary are Hypocrites

And Finally

Galatians 5:1-15

1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? 8That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. 9"A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." 10I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be. 11Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!
13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature[a]; rather, serve one another in love. 14The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[b] 15If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

This one shows that if you still beleive circumcision is necessary as a true believer, you honestly do not believe that Jesus died for your sins, your childs sins, or anyone else's sins the day he Sacrificed himself on the cross

This wont help with the 'like daddy' mentality, but if you are also a christian and you dont believe the words here.... then nothing will help you on this end and I will not stress to much about it because you have have heard everything in God's word that would help. I can only do so much being on the outside.

I am a believer that religious people should do what they want with their own family units, however if Christians are going to circumsize and do it in ignorance, I feel the need to educate them.