Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question Side effects of natural progesterone?

I'm on my second day of progesterone and about 3 hours after each application I've had cm that's been similar to egg white, but it's thicker. Now it's making me nervous that I haven't ovulated.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Side effects of natural progesterone?

Errr.. no. Never got that. But I'm looking at your chart and it doesn't seem clear to me if you've egged or not... I would hold off on the progesterone a few days until you get a clear temp shift. Was there a positive OPK? Soy only made me ovulate 3 days earlier when i used it, so since your last cycle you ovulated really late, I think it's possible you may not have O'd yet. AND KEEP BDING!!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks! I was going off of ov cramps and cm. I haven't been great with temping and my sleep has been poor. The day I started using the prog we tried to bd and my cervix was so low it hurt.

I guess I'll hold off on the prog again and see what happens. My last cycle I used B6 and it really delayed o. Before that I ovulated on cd20.

ETA: I just took another OPK and the line is barely visible. It's the lightest one yet.

Last edited by bumminbeachbabe; 01-01-2010 at 09:49 PM.
bumminbeachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:

i've been getting some cm too, but not stretchy, just wet. i got 3 pos opks in 3 days and the next one (day 4) was aaaalmost positive (i chose not to call it positive since i thought that it was crazy to have +s 4 days in a row). i'm wondering if the soy did that?
Old 01-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #5
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt~mommy View Post
i've been getting some cm too, but not stretchy, just wet. i got 3 pos opks in 3 days and the next one (day 4) was aaaalmost positive (i chose not to call it positive since i thought that it was crazy to have +s 4 days in a row). i'm wondering if the soy did that?
Maybe you ovulated from both sides or something and there was some slight delay? Weird... could be twins in your future... hehe.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:32 AM   #6
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think I like the soy. My temps have been insane. My cm was not abundant like it usually is. I had intense cramps aroundy usual ovulation time, but no positive opks.

We've tried bd more, but my cervix is so low it hurts. My cm after using the cream is super thick gobs and then I'm back to creamy or dry until a few hours after applying the cream again. I'm so confused.

Katie, I'm glad it's working for you!

Last edited by bumminbeachbabe; 01-02-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #7
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry. My touch is insane and posted too many times.

Last edited by bumminbeachbabe; 01-02-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:34 AM   #8
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry. My touch is insane and posted too many times.

Last edited by bumminbeachbabe; 01-02-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebee View Post
Maybe you ovulated from both sides or something and there was some slight delay? Weird... could be twins in your future... hehe.
i wondered the same thing, but also read it could be back-to-back attempts at o'ing... so that's what i'm going with. though i've aaaalways wanted twins and jen, wow, you are almost set to meet that little soybean! so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
I don't think I like the soy. My temps have been insane. My cm was not abundant like it usually is. I had intense cramps aroundy usual ovulation time, but no positive opks.

We've tried bd more, but my cervix is so low it hurts. My cm after using the cream is super thick gobs and then I'm back to creamy or dry until a few hours after applying the cream again. I'm so confused.

Katie, I'm glad it's working for you!
my temps were crazy too before ds lost my therm and i had to stop... i got a ton of the same temp days and days in a row, like my therm wasn't working but i know it was. i used EPO to help with the cm, and that worked well i think. the progest is a hormone inducer, right? so it'd make sense if it would give you some "faux fertile" cm for just a short amount of time and then dry back up. , just a guess!

Last edited by kt~mommy; 01-02-2010 at 01:07 PM.
kt~mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think I need to lose my therm if I'm going to use soy again. I bought EPO a couple days ago for the next cycle. I didn't use the prog this morning or last night and I've been having a very small amount of sticky cm. I don't know what to do though. My temp was down this morning. Maybe that is from not using the prog though.

Katie, I hope that you have twins! When I had my ov cramps it was intense on both sides.