Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2007, 08:23 AM   #11
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vaccine side-effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoria View Post
with 2 autistic kids i'd venture a guess that your family is genetically predisposed to autism and would STOP all vax's until you could do some MAJOR research into it.

as for consulting your doctor, i wouldnt suggest taking what they say as gospel either as the vast majority of them will push vax's and tell you it was probably a one time freak reaction, blah blah blah. i really wouldnt put a whole lot of faith in what they have to say. i say either delay the appt or go for the check up and just refuse the vax's saying your doing your own research and will make another appt when you decide what you're going to do.

Seriously, with your family history, you really need to look into this, for your dd's sake as well as your other children regarding their boosters and such. A good place to start is MDC's vax board. also check out "what your dr may not tell you about childrens vaccinations" by stephanie cave MD. its a very good book, thats not totally anti vax and she recommends a delayed schedule. its a great starting resource, it goes into details on each of the diseases...symptoms, treatment, side effects, stats...and each of the vaxs including side effects, potential links, long term effects, etc...

good luck mama!
Hey there!
The autism they figure came from my ex dhs side as a daughter he had with his now ex wife (not me!) also has high functioning autism ... but my mother seems to think the autism came from the vaccines as my youngest son was doing everything right early and then he got his 12 month shots and bam, regressed so badly it wasn't even funny.
My oldest son and my youngest son are from my ex dh ... I know it did not come from my side because I have 2 daughters after being with him and neither one of them are autistic nor show tendancies infact my 4 yr old dd was a major exception - crawled at four months, walked at 7 months...

I am def. going to do more research into this . The only problem here is child protection does not look kindly into not getting your children vaccinated, they find it a form of child neglect...

Advertisement

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #12
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allye View Post
Hey there!
The autism they figure came from my ex dhs side as a daughter he had with his now ex wife (not me!) also has high functioning autism ... but my mother seems to think the autism came from the vaccines as my youngest son was doing everything right early and then he got his 12 month shots and bam, regressed so badly it wasn't even funny.
My oldest son and my youngest son are from my ex dh ... I know it did not come from my side because I have 2 daughters after being with him and neither one of them are autistic nor show tendancies infact my 4 yr old dd was a major exception - crawled at four months, walked at 7 months...

I am def. going to do more research into this . The only problem here is child protection does not look kindly into not getting your children vaccinated, they find it a form of child neglect...
not quite sure who "they" is, but again, i wouldnt put a whole lot of faith in their reasoning. the predisposition may come from your ex's side, but with your dd having a reaction like she had, i'd bet theres something on your side as well. genetic odds play a role, just like brown vs blonde hair, not all of them are gonna end up with blonde, but its still in their genes, kwim? genes mixed with the heavy metal overload on their systems brought out the autism. i believe the vast majority of kids with autism is because of a combination of genetic predisposition but it woudlnt have been brought to the surface without all the metal in the vax's. do you have a family history of autoimmune diseases? one theory is that the more people in your family with them the higher the likleyhood that you will have a child with autism.

as for child services, dont skip your well baby appointments, just dont get the vax's. that way they cant claim neglect as your child is still seeing a dr as often as every one else does.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #13
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

When in doubt...delay.
My dd screamed more and more with each set of shots she got up to 7 months when she got 5 shots, Her legs turned red, she screamed a high pitched scream, and ran a fever for a week.
I began doing research and found out those are "warning" signs and many kids have ended up dying of "SIDS" after a series of shots where the reacitons got worse each time.
I bought a couple of books that explain this more in detail:

What your doctor may not tell you about children's vaccinations by Stephanie Cave, MD

Raising a vaccine free child by Wendy Lydall

Vaccinations, Deceptions and Tragedy by Michael Dye

Also, you can search the VEARS web site for vaccine reactions.
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #14
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A friend of mine called me today to tell me her 18 month old is severly allergic to eggs. She had just come home from a visit with an allergist. What does this have to do with this thread? Well, my friend had been delaying the MMR vax. No real reason, just a gut feeling. Turns out it has an egg culture in it. Now, what if she'd allowed that to be injected into her dd who is severly allergic to eggs? Can you imagine the type of reaction she might have had?

To echo another post - when in doubt, delay.

Elisa
Old 01-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #15
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post

My policy is this - you can always do a vax later, but once it's in you can never undo it or any reaction that it causes.
That's what I always say, too! You can always change your mind and get the vaxes later, when her immune system might actually be developed enough to have a chance of dealing w/ the toxins appropriately. We don't vax at all, so I'm slightly biased about this! If you are AT ALL unsure, I would say delay until you can talk to your dd's ped and do some more research and then you can make an informed decision. Good luck!
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
allye
seller

My Mood:

we don't have a PED - we only have a family doctor. On DH's urging last night, I re-schedulled the appy again. This way I can do a bit more research ETC... and my only concern is with MCFD out here, they seem to think if you don't vax you are ignoring your childs basic needs. But i've been told I can fight that, so I will if I have to. They didn't see how purple her little legs went! *sigh*

Old 01-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
we don't have a PED - we only have a family doctor. On DH's urging last night, I re-schedulled the appy again. This way I can do a bit more research ETC... and my only concern is with MCFD out here, they seem to think if you don't vax you are ignoring your childs basic needs. But i've been told I can fight that, so I will if I have to. They didn't see how purple her little legs went! *sigh*
thats why you need to continue with all the well baby visits. your dr will see the baby is fine and healthy and no problems, so its more backing for you should a problem arise.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #18
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoria View Post
thats why you need to continue with all the well baby visits. your dr will see the baby is fine and healthy and no problems, so its more backing for you should a problem arise.
Thats what I am planning on. Here we don't have Well Baby checkups, just checkups...

Old 01-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #19
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Well, I think someone else posted that in BC you have all 3 vax exemptions (religious, medical and philosophical), so if those exemptions are available, then how can they say you are neglecting your child & do something? Get yourself a provincial form for one of the exemptions, fill it out and you should be set. From what I understand, it is against the law to *require* vaxes, just due to the potential reaction risks that even the vaccine manufacturers cannot deny and in fact publish in their package inserts...
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #20
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezoo View Post
Well, I think someone else posted that in BC you have all 3 vax exemptions (religious, medical and philosophical), so if those exemptions are available, then how can they say you are neglecting your child & do something? Get yourself a provincial form for one of the exemptions, fill it out and you should be set. From what I understand, it is against the law to *require* vaxes, just due to the potential reaction risks that even the vaccine manufacturers cannot deny and in fact publish in their package inserts...
That is what I have heard too... I'm speaking to our social worker today to find out what my options are.