Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
pbresolin's Avatar
pbresolin
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 4,426
My Mood:
I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

I have a 10 lb bag that I need to use. Anybody have any good and easyish recipes for them?

TIA!

Advertisement

__________________
Trish, SAHM to Kate, Daniel and Marina
pbresolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
agardenfull's Avatar
agardenfull
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 479
My Mood:
Re: I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

Mmmmmmmmm potatoes
My crew loves potatoe soup! I'll Pm ya the recipe if ya want it!
__________________
~Shirley~ Writing, Blogging, Truth Seeking, Homekeeping, Waldorfing, Apron Wearing, Mom of Many ~ Daughter of the Most High
FB If I own you feedback or a response PLEASE PM me ~ Life happens
Instagram: agardenfull
agardenfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Hands&Fire Pottery's Avatar
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 13,752
My Mood:
Re: I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

Baked potato soup, Shephard's Pie, Potato filling, Scalloped Potatoes, Ham and Potato country omelette, Potato salad, Raclette
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
meagank24's Avatar
meagank24
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: a little town in WV
Posts: 17,491
My Mood:
Re: I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

potato bar- baked potatos with different toppingd, we like broccoli cheese, ham and cheese, chili and cheese

potato soup (im eating some right now ) mine is super easy- i sautee onions and bacon if i have it then add a bunch of potatoes and cover with water, cook til potatoes are done, add some milk, butter and cheddar cheese if you want then simmer about 20 minutes or longer

boy scout packets- cut up potatoes and hamburger patties wrapped in foil and baked

mashed potatoes then make enough to make potato pancakes the next day

fried potatoes with onions



hope that helped some
__________________
[CENTER]Meagan, wife to Clinton (12-31-06), SAHM to Brayden (11-20-07) and Bailey Grace (5-26-10)
meagank24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
pbresolin's Avatar
pbresolin
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 4,426
My Mood:
Re: I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agardenfull View Post
Mmmmmmmmm potatoes
My crew loves potatoe soup! I'll Pm ya the recipe if ya want it!
I would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery View Post
Baked potato soup, Shephard's Pie, Potato filling, Scalloped Potatoes, Ham and Potato country omelette, Potato salad, Raclette
Recipes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagank24 View Post
potato bar- baked potatos with different toppingd, we like broccoli cheese, ham and cheese, chili and cheese

potato soup (im eating some right now ) mine is super easy- i sautee onions and bacon if i have it then add a bunch of potatoes and cover with water, cook til potatoes are done, add some milk, butter and cheddar cheese if you want then simmer about 20 minutes or longer

boy scout packets- cut up potatoes and hamburger patties wrapped in foil and baked

mashed potatoes then make enough to make potato pancakes the next day

fried potatoes with onions

Great ideas. I've never heard of Boy Scout packets!



hope that helped some
__________________
Trish, SAHM to Kate, Daniel and Marina
pbresolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
Hands&Fire Pottery's Avatar
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 13,752
My Mood:
Re: I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

Hmmmm.. I am not so much of a recipe as a throw it together kind of person, but I will try

Potato filling- Saute onion and chopped celery leaves in butter. Add in diced fresh bread cubes. Fold into mashed potatoes with an egg and chopped fresh parsley and bake for an hour at 350.

Shephards Pie- Brown ground beef. Sprinkle with flour, add gravy master (I know, cheating), milk, worcestershire, , sprinkle of sugar, salt and pepper. Cook till bubbly. Top with mashed potatoes and bake. Serve with veggies.

Raclette- You can use a raclette grill or do in the broiler. Basically just cook your favorite cheese until melty and serve with smashed up baked potatoes or boiled potatoes, sweet gherkins, cocktail onions, and fresh ground pepper. I like to serve with marinated mushrooms also.

Ham and potato omelette- Saute cooked potatoes in olive oil or butter until nice and brown and crispy. Add onions, ham that has been diced, bell peppers, mushrooms, and whatever else you like. Sizzle it all up until your kitchen smells divine. Add in scrambled eggs, and then top with cheese once eggs are set, or scramble in the cheese too. Either way, serve with toast or homemade biscuits. Mmmmm... this is a favorite of mine.

Last edited by Hands&Fire Pottery; 01-02-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
momofdolls's Avatar
momofdolls
Registered
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 2,232
My Mood:
Re: I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

potato and sausage casserole (think breakfast casserole without the eggs)

latkes (esp with a little onion - we're not Jewish but my dh loves these)

cheesy potatoes - slice the potatoes real thin and fry them, then add salt and pepper to taste and melt some cheddar over them when they're done

potato wedges - cut and then season with lipton's onion soup mix and a dash of oil - this is one of my all time faves

and I second the potatoes and chili....delicious!
__________________
Cathy - married to the love of my life Alex , WOHM and FT Student to B, J, M, J & G, D, and W
momofdolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Hands&Fire Pottery's Avatar
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 13,752
My Mood:
Re: I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

Chili on mashed potatoes is good too "Chili on a Mountain"
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
pbresolin's Avatar
pbresolin
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 4,426
My Mood:
Re: I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofdolls View Post
potato and sausage casserole (think breakfast casserole without the eggs)

latkes (esp with a little onion - we're not Jewish but my dh loves these)

cheesy potatoes - slice the potatoes real thin and fry them, then add salt and pepper to taste and melt some cheddar over them when they're done

potato wedges - cut and then season with lipton's onion soup mix and a dash of oil - this is one of my all time faves

and I second the potatoes and chili....delicious!
Ooooh potatoes and chili does sound good! Do you just bake the potato wedges? Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery View Post
Chili on mashed potatoes is good too "Chili on a Mountain"
Thanks for the recipes.
__________________
Trish, SAHM to Kate, Daniel and Marina
pbresolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,463
Re: I have a ton of potatoes and need recipes!

what about just a good ol' potato salad to go with lunches?
ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.