Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Registered Users
Serious Coverage Cloth Nighttime Pullups for a 4-5yo?

I've never found a good cloth pullup, especially for heavy nighttime wetters. Anyone found one they can recommend?

My 4.5 yo daughter has been day trained for well over 2 years now, but has never had much luck at night. I could probably count the number of dry nights she's had in her life. She tends to leak through a few times a week, so I've actually started putting two Huggies Pullups on her at night. Her little brother stays dry almost every night, but I still put a pullup on him mostly for her sake so she doesn't start to feel bad about it. I know she'll get there when she's ready, but I'd like to move to cloth, see if it helps. (We did cloth the first 2 years of her life, mostly.) I think "laziness" may play a small part, though I know that's not all of it. But if I could get her to stop peeing in the diaper because it's there in the morning, maybe the rest would click, too...

Mom to DD (6/21/05-c/s) and DS#1 (5/2/07-HBAC #1) and DS#2 BORN! 7-21-10 (his due date!!) HBAC #2!
jadefaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Serious Coverage Cloth Nighttime Pullups for a 4-5yo?

My 8 year old still wets at night. If we use pull-ups (disposables) then we usually get leaks so we use a fitted (made by me) with trifolded prefold and bamboo soaker plus a double layer fleece or wool soaker over that and it never leaks (but stinks to high heavens in the morning! lol!) I like this set-up better than pull up's because it's easy to get on him if he's already fallen asleep and easy to take off in the morning. I have read that some children don't have the ability to stop bedwetting till a certain part of the brain develops the ability to wake the child up when the bladder is full...I don't know if that's true but I've tried waking him up, limiting water in the evening, etc...and nothing works so I've stopped doing anything about it and am hoping he'll just grow out of it one day. I would like to see what others recommend for cloth pull-ups though, especially for bigger kids.
Jen Cloth diapering since 2001 mommy to S (11), J (7), Z (4), R (7-31-12)

Last edited by ecomother; 01-02-2010 at 04:06 PM.
ecomother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
Registered Users

My 5yo DS just night trained a couple of weeks ago. We used Snap-ez Nap-ez trainers and never had a leak. They are a pocket trainer so you can stuff them with whatever you need. I stuffed them with a Snap-ez nighttime insert or a Brown Edge GMD prefold and they weren't too bulky on him.
Wife to Xiaofei
Mama to Julian David, 6, and Ruby Caroline, 1
We also and
samie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

My 8 year old DS likes his Mother-ease Bedwetter Pants. (we call them his "night-time pants") So much softer than a GoodNight (what he wears otherwise).
He tends to pee more than the large GoodNights will hold. (he is barely big enough to wear the larges) We have always had to size up for his night time diapers. Even when he was small and I put the nightime Huggies or what ever on him (not just the regular kind) I had to put on the next size up so they would absorb enough.
He weighs about 55-60 lbs and is loving the med (largest size) Motherease Bedwetter Pants.
We also ordered some of the small for my 4 year old. She's been day trained (we did EC) since 18 months but still has trouble at night. I actually just recently got her to wear UnderJams at night (they are softer than GoodNights, but still disposable). For the longest time she refused to wear anything at night. So from 18/24 months until 3.5 years she just wet the bed. I laid her on a absorbent washable pad with a fleece blanket over it so she wouldn't wake up soaked head to toe.
Sorry, got a bit off-topic there.

We are really liking the Mother-ease Bedwetter Pants here.
Leigh, mama to
Fiona (15), Eric (12), Colleen (8) and William (4)
LadyofReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

My 3 and 5 year olds still wet at night. I tried the antsy pants, but they leak. For now I am using the Prorap XL covers that have a buckle, with a trifolded large prefold and usually a mf insert inside the prefold. It works with no leaks. I really wanted a pull on type thing for them, but all that I have tried have leaked. I may have to look into those motherease pants.
April, Helpmeet to Adam and Momma to Emori14 Logan10 Amelia8 Lane7 Sawyer4 Cody3 Lydia 1 and always in our heart-Samuel-born sleeping 11/08
sunnygirlmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote