View Poll Results: Is your child in daycare? Would you put your child in daycare?
Yes my child is in daycare now. 22 16.54%
No my child is not in daycare now. 35 26.32%
Yes I would put my child in daycare in this situation. 68 51.13%
No I would not put my child in daycare in this situation. 28 21.05%
Other (b/c there might be another!) 12 9.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #21
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daycare Questions (Please read before taking poll)

My DD is in daycare b/c I work full time outside the home.

In your situation, I would definitely look into putting him into daycare. If he is at home with you, even with another person watching him, he is going to want you to pick him up and play with him all during the day. He isn't going to understand that you cannot do that.

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 08:58 AM   #22
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's truly important to heed the doctors advice though (as far as lifting restrictions)...but not only are there external issues to consider (like popping stitches)..but there are TONS of stitches inside that you can't see AND with repair surgeries...you stand the risk of re-injury (not the right word, but the only one i can come up with at the moment). I just went through all of this in October (I'm replied to these threads repeatedly, I'm sorry for being so...repetitive ) and I went to www.hystersisters.com A LOT. The mantra there is - you only have ONE chance to heal. If you overdo it, you've overdone it and there's nothing you can do. I don't really have any suggestions as far as what you can do - because I didn't know what I was going to do. My mom ended up taking 3 weeks vacation to come stay with me. If she hadn't been able to, MIL doesn't work so she could've come to stay during the day and dh would've requested to work dayshift at work (so MIL during the day and dh at night).
Old 01-24-2007, 08:59 AM   #23
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We did in home daycare for a bit before my sis had her baby and could watch my chunky 2 year old! My daughter loved it but not as much as she loves spending time with her "nana". Hope that helps. . .
Old 01-24-2007, 08:59 AM   #24
blissfullyblessed
Registered Users
Formerly: kerstynsmom
seller

My Mood:

I haven't read all the posts - so someone could'v already addressed this, but is there any help offered for the fee of homecare providers? Like government help - I just wondered if that was an option. I was at the hospital when my bestfriend had her baby (her DH is Airforce), and the nurse asked her if she would need assistance in taking care of the other kids. I turned to the nurse, and said you guys would assist with that - she said yep we do. I just thought it could be a possibility - I'm not sure who'd you call tho.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #25
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Since you have no other military spouses, family around to help daycare is probably your best option. I dont' think it is something to feel bad about!!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #26
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would probably in your situation put my child in a home daycare - they are usually much cheaper than centers. Daycares are very expensive though and some don't do part-time or for a short amount of time. Just keep that in mind. Definately make sure you check out the place before hand and stop by when there are a lot of kids there not a check-in or check-out...I would stop by around lunch time. This way you will see the child care staff interacting with the children and know what it will be like for your little one. Good luck with your surgery and you child care.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:56 AM   #27
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hun, I am sorry you are haveing to go through all this. I'm sure you have looked at all your options and this sounds like something you realy dont want to do. I'm guessing you dont realy have friends to turn to.
I would try asking a collage student to come into the home. (tell them you can pay X$ and what you need) You can also check with friends. Maybe a local church. But if all that fails, dont fret. It is not for a long time and you do need to heal. Your DC will be OK for a short time in care.
I hate the thought of it but there are times that they serve a purpose.
Best of wishes mum, and a prayer for quick recovery.
Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
firethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #28
Lmakes5
Registered Users
seller

I would say get a second opinion before consenting to MAJOR surgery in a rush. Beyond that, is the MD you are using a uro-gyn? If not, once again a second opinion from a uro-gyn. (sorry if this isn't helpful)

From the yahoo group I'm a member of I've read that the lifting is 10 or less for 6 weeks and nothing over 25 for the rest of your life. Not trying to scare you, but like a PP said popping stitches can not be a pleasant experience.

In answer to your ?, I would look for a home run daycare for my kids rather than a commercial one and like a PP said they are typically cheaper than commercial ones.
sorry you're having to go through this very not fun stuff.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:24 AM   #29
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would definately put my child in daycare in this circumstance. My mom had this surgery and has had the bladder repair surgery a few times since. It is a long recovery and overdoing it can cause complications that take that much longer to heal. I've used home daycares and licensed centers for my kids and there have been good and bad points to both. Do you have a college nearby? Sometimes they will have a child development program and the kids in it may be able to help out during the day. Good luck!
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #30
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmakes5 View Post
I would say get a second opinion before consenting to MAJOR surgery in a rush. Beyond that, is the MD you are using a uro-gyn? If not, once again a second opinion from a uro-gyn. (sorry if this isn't helpful)

From the yahoo group I'm a member of I've read that the lifting is 10 or less for 6 weeks and nothing over 25 for the rest of your life. Not trying to scare you, but like a PP said popping stitches can not be a pleasant experience.

In answer to your ?, I would look for a home run daycare for my kids rather than a commercial one and like a PP said they are typically cheaper than commercial ones.
sorry you're having to go through this very not fun stuff.
I've already gotten several opinions on this & he is my 3rd GYN. I've had a bleeding problem for going on 2 years now (in short non-stop bleeding & clotting & pain). I also have a separate bladder issue and it's a uroligist that's doing that surgery, not the GYN. I'm not going further into detail on it on a public board but in short I have a mass that needs to be removed as well & that is why this can not wait. It's no way an option. This is not a rush surgery that can wait for more opinions. I've had every test in the books & they say I need this done so I can continue to be a mom. Months ago when I began posting about this, it was just the bleeding & clotting & pains that were issues (& do realize you may not be aware of the history of this) but when I finally switched doctors I was able to get to the bottom of things. Unfortunately that takes me to the OR. Fortunately we know what's wrong. Hopefully I will be done with the doc for a long long long while after this.