Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:57 AM   #1
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
All I want is those doggone teeth!

This is more of a vent than anything. A stressed "Im about to go bald" vent.

DD has been teething for about a month, and it reached a new level of intensity about 2 weeks ago. She wont sleep more than an hour at night...then wakes up crying, incolsolable and needing to be nursed.
During the day no matter what we are doing she is whining, crying, griping...and so CLINGY! She will not let me put her down for more than a minute or two AT BEST.

I havnt had more than 10 minutes with my poor hubby in over a month now...and both of us are feeling pretty lonely for eachother (and time baby-free for even an hour would be nice).

I see NO signs of the teeth yet. I cant see them under the gum, and no edges coming through. She has a lowgrade temp sometimes (around 99.4) but not really much else. Just chewing and drooling everywhere.

I think I am about at the end of my rope. Today I was just looking at her (crying together) going "please! please! I beg of you...just give me 5 minutes without crying or needing to be held!".
With DH working out of town M-F and no friends or family nearby...I'm going insane.

I hope to GOD these teeth make their appearance soon. Honestly, how long will this last!

AHHHHHHHHH!

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #2
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: All I want is those doggone teeth!

I FEEL ya, sister!!

DS is abou the same age as your LO and doing the same thing. Still... no teeth. PLenty of drool... only sleeps about 2 hours at a time at night and really no "considerable" naps during the day...

DH is going bonkers. I am too... but DH is REALLY getting frustrated.

We haven't started solids yet of any kind.. so DH wants to give DS rice cereal before bed because one person at work told him that worked for getting their LO to sleep through the night.... good grief... but I can't be the one to say "Umm.. he's just teething... now's not the best time to try and get him to sleep through the night"...

Just wanted to say you're not alone!
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Lauren started the teething process at around 6 months and she just got 2 front bottom teeth in Dec and that was at 10 months old. 2 days ago we found a top fang coming through and she is a 11 months old today. It can take a looong time for the teeth to come through. I totally feel your pain and understand everything you say. I just wanted to offer and for teeth!!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

DS was teething when he was born, LOL and didn't get teeth until 9 months. So it was literally like 9 months of teething. The girls generally don't let me put them down at all and they're teething but they've been clingy since birth anyway. I just think I have clingy kids.
But the answer is it could be months or it could be tomorrow.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry mamma we are at 9 months and not a single tooth. he goes through the teething phases too which is weird. The drooling is the worst lol. Have you tried Hyland's teething tablets...those are GREAT. And you can give it to them several times during the day, and it's not medicine so you don't worry about giving it too much. like with tylenol too much is bad for their liver (ours too). Anyway, you can get it at walmart or target even online.

also, how much does she nap during the day? When my son is cranky it's definitely time for a nap. He will continue to fuss and fuss until he's in his crib, now he might even fuss a bit once I put him down but he is usually out after a few min, and wakes up happy and ready to go again. Naps are a lifesaver around here, if it weren't for naps I would not know what to do.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #6
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_mom_e View Post
I'm sorry mamma we are at 9 months and not a single tooth. he goes through the teething phases too which is weird. The drooling is the worst lol. Have you tried Hyland's teething tablets...those are GREAT. And you can give it to them several times during the day, and it's not medicine so you don't worry about giving it too much. like with tylenol too much is bad for their liver (ours too). Anyway, you can get it at walmart or target even online.

also, how much does she nap during the day? When my son is cranky it's definitely time for a nap. He will continue to fuss and fuss until he's in his crib, now he might even fuss a bit once I put him down but he is usually out after a few min, and wakes up happy and ready to go again. Naps are a lifesaver around here, if it weren't for naps I would not know what to do.
yep, yep. I agree with all of that.

DS has been teething since 3 months, and it wasn't until YESTERDAY (at 10 1/2 months) that a tooth has finally started to show. He's been doing what your daughter does pretty much constantly since he started teething. he's drooly & cranky but I'll tell you what, figuring out how to get him to take a couple good naps during the day has saved my sanity (and his!)

do you have a variety of good teething toys for her to use? if not, invest in some!

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #7
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

I feel your pain as well,Gage is 7.5m old and has been " seriously " teething for about 4 months now. drooling, fever, biting, choking on his fingers becuase he's trying to chew on them so much ...weve tried the teething tablets.. I personally didnt notice a difference, he just spits them out. so its a 5min battle to try to get them to stay in his mouth.. lol.. i'll be glad when I see some pearly whites in there.. lol..

BTW: I am in tn too but south tn.. too bad not closer.. we could give each other a break .. I would gladly deal with 2 teething babies for an hour to have an hour without one ... lol
Old 01-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #8
mum0fthr33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd is 8 months old had been teething for 3 months teeth just came threw a week ago just the tops noticed what helps her was hard toys to chew on and lots of them she gets tired of the same ones over and over so we went and got plastic keys rope dog chew toy she took from the dog lol seems to be her favorite one so we bought her one hth
mum0fthr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
lombardowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry mama. My ds started teething at 4 months and didn't cut his first two til he was 6 and a half months. He is still teething trying to get in his sixth tooth (he's been trying to get it in for about 2 weeks now). It does get better though.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:40 AM   #10
sienna
Registered Users

sing it sister. teething isn't for sissys.

dd is 5 months old (8/06)and has been teething for a month, she is getting 4 CANINES and they are her first teeth...i can feel the bumps on her gums...the only thing that helps is advil. sigh

S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote