Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
Katelyn'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

Question Homemade wipes solution with no oil???

Does anyone use wipe solution that you dont use oils to make it? I want to throw them in with my dipes and im afraid that the oils will make my diapers repel. I have founf one recipe so far for a wipes solution with no oil:
1 chamomile tea bag
1 tsp. honey
1 c. boiling water
Has anyone tried this?? Sounds like something I would drink no put on my DDs bum. lol Or any other ideas? TIA!

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homemade wipes solution with no oil???

I can't help but I am interested- right now I use baby moon wipe juice concentrate and I was considering making my own when that ran out. I put my wet wipes in a warmer (about 2 days worth at a time) so I'm thinking of trying about a cup of water with some lavendar baby bath and some lavendar oil added- I get worried about needing something to keep them from growing bacteria. I add lavendar oil to my solution now and I use FB's and I've had no problems. I don't care for the scent of TTO- so I don't use it.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I always add TTO b/c i'm scared for water to sit for more than a day w/out it
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lavendar oil has many of the same antiseptic properties as TTO and it smells better. I do believe that there is TTO in the Baby Moon concentrate and I add the lavendar to make it smell better- to me at least!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Katelyn'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

I plan on using my solution in a spray bottle. I'm not too worried about letting it sit in there for a couple days. Should I be??
Old 01-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I'm sure it would work - try it. I make a lot of teas that you could drink but you can also bath in as well. They work great on your skin so I don't see why they wouldn't work on the bum. They may sooth the bum well. Let us know how they work.

I do make a bum solution that doesn't have TTO but I do use Lav in it. I imagine you could try using the lav itself instead of the oil if you wanted.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #7
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn'sMomma View Post
I plan on using my solution in a spray bottle. I'm not too worried about letting it sit in there for a couple days. Should I be??
As a general rule I'd say 7 days... I make mine & toss after a week.

I tell my customers that mix my Bum Wash that's made into little bars that once they mix it up to toss after a week, but usually by then you've used it up anyway. It should be fine though, but it's just a general rule that when you add water to something (unless there is a preservative in it like maybe GSE or Vit E or you put in the fridge) it could breed bacteria after too long.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
Katelyn'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

OOOOoooooOOOO!!! that reminds me....I have some dried lavender. I could seep that in with my tea!!! Thanks momma!!!

Last edited by Katelyn'sMomma; 01-25-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Katelyn'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #9
Katelyn'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

thanks! one week sounds fair. I dont want to have to make this up everyday or anything. I'll let you know how it works!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn'sMomma View Post
thanks! one week sounds fair. I dont want to have to make this up everyday or anything. I'll let you know how it works!
Please do! I am curious!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote