Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

Sposie Rant

I hate sposies!!! DS has been battling a yeast rash for a month so I finally decided to go for sposies for a week to see if that helped (not yet and I started Wed). I have NEVER had poo blow outs with cloth like I have with sposies. Its almost every time he poos and especially if he's sitting at the time, it just goes everywhere! Gotta figure out how to get rid of this rash with cloth or just live with it I guess!

Advertisement

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
nicoleb
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Sposie Rant

Check the cottonbabies website, they have disposable liners that can be put in a cloth diaper. I use these when DD gets a rash and needs cream. (She seems to be allergic to her own poo. Big rashes after she poos.)
Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
mommy of two under two
Registered Users

The times that I have had to use sposies, I always put a cover over them. At least the mess is contained in the cover.
mommy of two under two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleb View Post
Check the cottonbabies website, they have disposable liners that can be put in a cloth diaper. I use these when DD gets a rash and needs cream. (She seems to be allergic to her own poo. Big rashes after she poos.)
I have some bummis (I think) liners would those work? Will they keep the yeast off? Should I keep using some bleach on all my loads until its gone or would some TTO in there be OK?

Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
3wyobabes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Most of the time if it's a true yeast rash, you need to use an anti-fungal (Rx or OTC). You need to keep up with the cream for a few days after it's gone, b/c it can come back if you don't get all of it.

As far as your diapers, you're going to have to use a vinegar/oxy wash or bleach them... the yeast can live in your diapers and will just keep coming back until you get rid of it completely.
3wyobabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
nicoleb
Registered Users

My Mood:

They are for the flip system, but I use them in our homemade all-in-one diapers. I don't know much about the bummies liners, the flip inserts are a absorbent liner like a disposable diaper, but more ecological.
Last time I bought them they were about $3 for 18 with free economy shipping on sale.
Now they are about $5. Here is the site.
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...oducts_id=2160

Last edited by nicoleb; 01-11-2010 at 07:17 PM.
nicoleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
Angel89411
Banned

Our doctor recommended Lotrimin for DS's yeast rashes. It's a jock itch cream but anti fungal, so it works. We get store brand and it works great. We're talking visible improvement in 12 hours or less.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel894 View Post
Our doctor recommended Lotrimin for DS's yeast rashes. It's a jock itch cream but anti fungal, so it works. We get store brand and it works great. We're talking visible improvement in 12 hours or less.
So DH has some Lotramin AF around somewhere, I'll start trying that next diaper change. What about Monistat or something like that? Different yeast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wyobabes View Post
As far as your diapers, you're going to have to use a vinegar/oxy wash or bleach them... the yeast can live in your diapers and will just keep coming back until you get rid of it completely.
So is it safe to use some bleach on every wash until its gone? If I do the vinegar/oxy route what is the way to do that? I have Country Save Oxygen Bleach, OxyClean Baby, and OxyClean Free. Should I just stick with prefolds until it's gone since they're easier to clean? What about pockets? Is it helpful to have a fleece liner to keep him drier?