Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #11
mom2manypink
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me i am not the only one

thanks! i am going to look later!

Advertisement

mom2manypink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would love to have been able to start earlier. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the cards for us. But, I don't think you are crazy. My kids aren't as close in age as yours, but I have them 2 at a time. I'm on my second set of twins. My oldest is 4 and the older twins are 24 months. I'm due May 4th with my second set. I'm going to have 5 4 and under. We aren't done. My husband's family thinks we are crazy and so do a lot of "strangers," but oh well. It's crazy and going to get crazier, but we love our kids. If you want more and it's realistic, which is sounds like it is, go for it!

Oh and for the record, I get "baby fever" very quickly after my births too. I was thinking of the next only a few months after having twins!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #13
sjmj
Registered Users

my oldest is 4 and our 4th is on the way. I guess everyone has an opinion and feels the need to share it (family, friends, and strangers). My family loves that we have several kids close in age (my mom was only able to have 2 but wanted 10-12). My in-laws constantly ask questions about how are we able to make it work, how do we shop, don't we know about bc, etc. I have finally gotten used to the in-laws. I actually love talking to strangers that make comments. They really make me laugh. It is just so funny to me that they do not realize the fun and joy that goes on in our house!

I say go for whatever makes you and your DH happy. The two of you are the ones that have to live in the house with the kids.

So far I have asked my DH minutes after we have given birth if we can have another (nurses get a good laugh). I am not sure if I am up to doing that after this one is born...I am getting old and tired I also worry that my body will not be up to a 5th csection.
sjmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #14
sjmj
Registered Users

My few friends that have many all say that once you have three, people stop inviting you over as much. If you are not used to us, I can see how it is a bit overwhelming to have all of us at your house at once.
sjmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
mom2manypink
Banned
seller

My Mood:

lol i am so glad to see there are people that are in the same boat as us we are so happy!
i wish some of yhall lived around me!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #16
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmj View Post
My few friends that have many all say that once you have three, people stop inviting you over as much. If you are not used to us, I can see how it is a bit overwhelming to have all of us at your house at once.
LA RN and Mom to J '00, S '03, P '05 (CLW at 37 months), G '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & M '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #17
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

maybe look at LLL meetings? Or start a moms group- advertise at your local library bulletin board, doc office, etc for "moms of *many* close in age...." I put many in * * bc I don't think that is a lot of kids . I am on my 5th and hope to have 2 more, but I am 39, so not sure if I will be able to....my 1st 4 were born from my ages 23-27. I LOVED having them close. Now, different marriage and we want 3 close together. My factors always depended not on BC, but on how fast I would ovulate after birth since I BF exclusively extended and don't use paci's or whatever. Good luck! I loved being a young mama with LOs all close together. They are now teen and almost teen boys and have the BEST relationships! (now I am an old mama and it is a lot different, lol)
Old 01-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #18
mom2manypink
Banned
seller

My Mood:

you guys have made me feel so much better.. i don't understand why family is so judgmental
Old 01-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
savvytrav
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im not exactly in the same boat, because im only on my first babe at the moment...HOWEVER, i came from a huge family, am the oldest of 9 children (all bio to same mom+dad) ages 5-22, and i dont think there is anything better!!! my parents certainly went through a lot of crap with extended family at EVERY SINGLE child, but honestly, who cares? everyone gets their own chance to make decisions for their own family, and lots of kids is great. besides, once a baby is actually born, no one has any issues loving each new little one
savvytrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #20
mom2manypink
Banned
seller

My Mood:

yup! that is true! as soon as they are born they are so in love lol