Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #21
Prima Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: danzersrule82
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me i am not the only one

Nope, you're not crazy. DH and I will be 28 this year and we have an almost 3 yo, a 1 1/2 yo, and our third (a girl!) is due March 10th. We love children and DH has a stable job where I am able to be sahm. I have an older brother (by 9 years) and a younger sister (by 6 years) and wish that my parents would have had us a lot closer together so we could have had more of a relationship growing up and now. That is one of the reasons I wanted to have ours close together so that they have eachother to grow up with. I usually start getting the baby bug about 4-6 months after I have had the last.

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #22
vtmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good for you for having a nice, big family! I love having lots of kids and wish more families I know had bigger families. I am pg with #6, and we are the biggest family in our area! Good luck to you Mama
Old 01-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #23
amberpayne27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are having #2 in March. I would LOVE a house full of kids (at least 4). However, I am having to use Medicaid for this pregnancy as my DH's work does not offer health insurance and the astronomical amount we'd have to pay for private insurance w/maternity coverage wasn't even close to affordable for us (I'm a SAHM). So, we ended up having to use Medicaid w/this pregnancy (I was working during pregnancy w/dd1, so we had health insurance). I HATE having to use Medicaid. So, we will not be having anymore babies until DH can get a better job with benefits. I wanted 2 children no more than 3 years apart at least so they'd have that "bond" that closer siblings have - I didn't have that. So, even though we qualify for lots of government programs, as of right now, we're only using Medicaid. Anyway, I'm praying DH gets a better job very soon because I'd love to have another one by the time this baby turns 3.

Good for you if you can handle it and provide for them!
Jesus lovin' wife to my 3rd grade sweetie and Homeschooling mama to my funny little 5 year old diva, Kelsie ,Stella Mae, my 2 year old wild child and Judah Jenkins, our sweet miracle rainbow baby born 11/3/12
Missing our tiny love bugs 6/11, 4w4d and 10/11, 9w1d
amberpayne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #24
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm 25 and working on our 6th. I always knew I wanted a big family (Even as a kid I thought 8 was a good number!). I'm one of 7, and DH is one of 12, so there was no question for us about having lots of kids. They are definitely a handful at times, especially when you factor in homeschooling and potty training (I feel like I have no time to myself anymore!). It's a VERY personal decision and it's not for everyone. Good Luck!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #25
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3under3 View Post
i would like to try to find some people in our area to become friends with but i cant find anyone that dont think we are crazy lol
I have family in Ringgold....sorry they would think you were crazy, too.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #26
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:

I am 22, my oldest is 4, and we have baby #4 on the way (5th pregnancy though, we lost one at 10 weeks).

I love my growing family and their age gaps (um, or lack there of? LOL).

My family, and my husband's family, thinks we're crazy. They think we're even crazier now that I told them we're planning on homeschooling and have started that with my oldest. And then besides our age, our number of children, and that we are now 'homeschoolers', we're also homebirthing parents, we don't vaccinate, we cosleep, we wear our children, we make foods from 'scratch' as much as possible, eat organically whenever possible, try to buy (or encourage others to buy for us when asked what gifts our kids want/need) wooden toys and toys that aren't electronic...

You get the picture.

I think everyone else thinks we need straight jackets LOL But I'm happy, so that's all that matters

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:48 AM   #27
mom2manypink
Banned
seller

My Mood:

lol thats funny we are going to start homeschooling the oldest next year, they are not happy about that!
i have no idea what curriculum we are going to use lol but thats another story
mom2manypink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #28
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's wonderful , we would like a house full too - somewhere between 5-7 (I'm one of 5 and dh is one of 6) I would think is ideal, and I would LOVE to have them close too, but sometimes the cards are dealt differently. I am 26 and just starting to NTNP for #3, it took much longer to conceive ds2 than we had hoped due to many losses, but we are hopeful that #3 will come easier and sooner.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #29
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope, not crazy! We were just talking about when we should have our next baby...we are behind schedule from our track record. I have a 4 year old, 2.5 year old and my baby just turned one. We'd like at least one more for sure!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #30
christywills
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can imagine holidays and birthdays are a lot of fun with big families! If your body is healed from your last birth and you are up to it then go for it.
christywills is offline   Reply With Quote