Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
adrocksmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what size prefolds?

I need to know what size prefolds to buy.

If your dc wears a medium and sometimes a large, what size prefold do they have?

Advertisement

adrocksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what size prefolds?

i'd say premium
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
RedSoxFan1
Banned
seller

I really like the standard size 4x6x4's for trimness, but when I need some extra absorbency I go for the premiums. My favorites are the Thirsties, but my Indian standards are supersoft. I am going to try some of those trimmed Rainbow-edged prefolds from Green Mountain Diapers though; I think that may be the best combo of less bulk and enough absorbency.

If you need the toddler size prefolds for the width, I'd suggest trimming them so you don't have quite so much bulk to fold down. Those are some pretty serious bulky diapers! But they can't be beat for absorbency, and for using as a great changing pad.
RedSoxFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
adrocksmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These are not for me

I am buying for someone but they can't know
adrocksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #5
hssusie
Registered Users
seller

How sweet of you!!

I just got some Rainbow Shorts in (they look B-U-T-FUL!! with the shinning rainbow surging!!) and they are in the dryer now. I'll try to get some pics when dd wakes up. She wears a med and sometimes large, and the premiums are just soooo bulky on her. I hope this fits the bill I have been trying to fill!!

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon
hssusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
momtophr
Banned
seller

oooh i cant wait to see pics!! I have some rainbow short premiums on the way from green mountain. I am hoping they will solve our prefold crisis! LOL
momtophr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:07 PM   #7
hssusie
Registered Users
seller

This is after only one washing and one drying. I am looking forward to more shrinkage as these are a bit saggy without folding over (the reason for buying them in the first place was to avoid folding over). They are quite beautiful and have very smooth, fine thread (not corse like some CPF). They are of very awesome quality.

If I still have to fold them over after shrinking compleltly I will put them in the closet till dd will fit in them, and just keep using my trusty, trim, but absorbant Gerbers for a while longer!!

Sorry the lighting is sooo bad. If I use the flash it whites out the pic and without it the pic is yellow.

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon
Old 01-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

WOW!!!! i love that rainbow short prefold.....hmmmmm as if i need a new prefold addiction!!!

but yes, i say premium!!! we love our ipf's from cottonmamma....not as bulky as a cpf premium!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #9
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hssusie View Post
This is after only one washing and one drying. I am looking forward to more shrinkage as these are a bit saggy without folding over (the reason for buying them in the first place was to avoid folding over). They are quite beautiful and have very smooth, fine thread (not corse like some CPF). They are of very awesome quality.

If I still have to fold them over after shrinking compleltly I will put them in the closet till dd will fit in them, and just keep using my trusty, trim, but absorbant Gerbers for a while longer!!

Sorry the lighting is sooo bad. If I use the flash it whites out the pic and without it the pic is yellow.
what are the measurements of the pf after washing? thanks!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #10
hssusie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw View Post
WOW!!!! i love that rainbow short prefold.....hmmmmm as if i need a new prefold addiction!!!

but yes, i say premium!!! we love our ipf's from cottonmamma....not as bulky as a cpf premium!!!

Your IPF are trimmer than your CPF??? Goes to show just how different dipes are between brands!! My Indian and my ub Thirsties are both much more bulky than my CPF from GMD. I just have a tiny dd and need a tiny diaper. That's what I'm hoping the Rainbow Shorts will prove to be.