Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Early miscarriage question (updated with first beta)

Hi everyone! I found out last Tuesday (9dpo) that I was pregnant, and started bright red bleeding on Thursday (11dpo). What followed what bleeding in the amounts of a slighter lighter-than-usual period, which I assumed was a miscarriage. Yesterday (Sunday) looked to be the last day of bleeding, with only a small amount of lighter-colored bleeding early in the day. This morning after I had been up a few hours, however, the bleeding resumed bright red. Is this normal? It was such an early m/c that I wouldn't have known had I not been temping and testing, so I've been hesitant to seek medical advice.

Advertisement

Last edited by edens_mom; 11-15-2011 at 07:53 AM.
edens_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Early miscarriage question (with some TMI info about bleeding)

I did that at 10 weeks pregnant with my DD. I had a GUSH of bright red blood and continued to bleed on and off for several days, all bright read and no clumps. I was terrified I was miscarrying and it was my first pregnancy so I went to the doc. They found a healthy heartbeat and a healthy baby. I just had some kind of bleeding from outside my placenta. I had bleeding episodes throughout the whole pregnancy, but she was born and is now a happy healthy 3 year old.

I don't mean to get your hopes up, but are you sure you are miscarrying?

ETA- Ooops I was reading your 11 DPO to be 11 weeks, I'm sorry. I hope someone else has some advice.

Last edited by Lanasmom; 11-14-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Lanasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Thank you Jamie!! I am so glad your LO was ok! I am not sure I am m/c, that is kind of part of why I am asking. I don't have an ob/gyn right now (i am picky about who i see and insurance is complicated) so I am going to test this afternoon after I get a chance to get to the store. I would think if I miscarried early that my hcg would be negative by now so I am hoping there will be some answers there. I am just now learning about subchorionic hematomas and that seems like a viable option. I am at peace with miscarrying, not trying to hang onto false hope, I just want to know what's going on.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have you tested again? It is possible to have late implantation bleeding- I had bleeding 12-16dpo, and continued off and on through about 8 weeks- turns out I have complete previa.

I wouldn't give up until you test neg- good luck!

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had SCH with 2 of my pregnancies. Lost the first one at 8wks 3days and the second one at 5wks4days.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Got a positive urine test again this afternoon. I was at the family doc for my DD and while I was there I had them do a blood test. Should know my #s tomorrow. I am not sure what to feel right now..
Old 11-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

One set of numbers won't tell you much unless below 5 but if positive urine then that won't happen. You need another 48hrs later. If you started bleeding almost a week ago I would say maybe implantation? My levels with early losses dropped fast! My bleeding was about same to a slight bit more then a period for 5 week or less losses.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

hope you get some answers soon
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
One set of numbers won't tell you much unless below 5 but if positive urine then that won't happen. You need another 48hrs later. If you started bleeding almost a week ago I would say maybe implantation? My levels with early losses dropped fast! My bleeding was about same to a slight bit more then a period for 5 week or less losses.
Yes, I don't know if the nurse would have me back for a 2nd draw or not. Probably depends on how low/high the first number is. It was a bit rushed since I just tacked my question on to the end of my daughter's appt.

What I guessed was that since I started bleeding at 11dpo, if I had really miscarried then my hcg would be very low or negative by now at 15dpo. But it's obviously not negative since I had no trouble getting an afternoon +.

I have been bleeding for 5 days a moderate amount, except for yesterday which was very light. I thought implantation was just a day of spotting?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #10
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens_mom View Post
Yes, I don't know if the nurse would have me back for a 2nd draw or not. Probably depends on how low/high the first number is. It was a bit rushed since I just tacked my question on to the end of my daughter's appt.

What I guessed was that since I started bleeding at 11dpo, if I had really miscarried then my hcg would be very low or negative by now at 15dpo. But it's obviously not negative since I had no trouble getting an afternoon +.

I have been bleeding for 5 days a moderate amount, except for yesterday which was very light. I thought implantation was just a day of spotting?
Do you know if she did quantitative or qualitative? First is numbers, second is +/-. But yeah if high then she may not but you can ask.

That doesn't sound quite like implantation. I do know people have "af" and pregnant with a pregnancy and not with others.
The unknown is so hard I know. I hope you get an answer/idea of what is going on soon!