Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Please tell me some of the ways you reward your child for good behavior?!?

We just started a discipline/reward chart. It's a magnetic dry erase board that is divided into two sections.

The top half has a list of privileges (tv time, video games, candy, etc.) and a magnet to correspond with each privilege. If DS needs to be punished he losses a privilege for 1, 2, or 3 days.

The bottom half is divided in two. The left side has ten big green star magnets. Each time I catch DS doing something nice, sharing, picking up w/o me asking him to, etc he gets to move a star over to the right hand side. Once all 10 stars are on the right hand side he gets a special reward that is determined by mom and dad and is a surprise. Tonight was his first reward and it was one of his favorite DVD's that he rents over and over and over again. We found it on sale a few weeks ago for 3 dollars so we stashed it away for the reward chart.

Other rewards will be a date with mom or dad, going to the park, picking his favorite meal for supper, staying up late, etc.

Amanda: Wife to Kevin and AP Mama to Caedmon Jeremiah *8-8-01* and Presley Claire *3-31-06*
My blog, Kevin's blog, Presley's Home Birth
presleycaedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I give those scratch and sniff stickers. My DS loves them.
I have even done resale shops and my DS and picked out some great toys for next to nothing!
loni1090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #13
no caption needed
My Mood:

we have a chart... and it has the days of the week listed on the top and then along the left side we have simple chores, make bed, feed pets, set the table, and some more, make bed.. just things like that and then there is a spot for " extra special behavior " and she gets a smiley face sticker for each thing each day and at the end of the week we add them up ( they are .10 cents each sticker ) and then she gets the money, she has gotten into the habit of putting close to half into her savings account and then the other half is usually spent at wal-mart lol while we're grocery shopping on littlest pet shop or something like that ..

BTW: she's 5 so a little more mature maybe I dont remember what age you were looking for..
Do you like my avatar? check me out on FACEBOOK
ShayneLeMaster is offline   Reply With Quote