View Poll Results: Bumgenius or Bum-ware AIO
Bumgenius AIO 2.0 20 62.50%
Bum-Ware AIO 10 31.25%
Other AIO 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
jayshell
Registered Users

Bumgenius vs Bum-ware AIO

I'm trying to decide between Bumgenius and Bum-ware AIO. I would like know what you think...pros/cons. Which is the trimmest? Is there another AIO you absolutely love.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

Last edited by jayshell; 01-25-2007 at 06:05 PM.
jayshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

Re: Bumgenius vs Bum-ware AIO

I've only tried BG but they are super trim and hold a lot. I use them for my "going out" diapers and they really do a great job. They are my favorite AIOs.
The only problem I have with the (and it's not a HUGE problem) is that my son can get the velcro undone. Not a problem is he has clothes on, though.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
kimpo76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My stash is mainly BG OS & AIO's and Bumware AI2's (some are AIO's w/ the additional snap-in soaker as well). I just really, really like the stretchy tabs on the BG's because it makes them fit my DD to a 'T'. That stretchiness lets me get the diaper snug around her thighs, while the Bumware gap just a little on her. The Bumware have a very trim fit (very similar shape and size to a disposable diaper) and the velcro (or whatever it is) is SUPER strong, but the AIO's take a lot longer to dry than the BG AIO's. And the laundry tabs often come undone in the wash on the Bumware, which bugs me. Bumware have better colors and an embroidery option! Tough choice, but I'm sticking w/ BG and selling off my Bum-ware! HTH!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

bumware are VERY VERY trim and look great under clothes. Izzy is running a free shipping deal right now too
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
jayshell
Registered Users

Thanks for the feedback. I just ordered one of each to see which fit my little guy the best. Anyone else have thoughts about these AIOs.
jayshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
mommy2c&j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only thing I don't like on the Bum-ware, is that there is no wicking fabric on the inner. It is either flannel, or birdseye....I like the wicking fabric.
mommy2c&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
ThundersCry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Bum-ware, they are awesome! I have had a little of everything except wool items, and I use everything but my Bum-ware. They are trim, and absorbent. You can get microfleece put on the doubler, and that takes care of the stay-dry feeling. My only complaint about BW is that they only come in solid PUL! LOL!
I hated the bG, they were puffy and nylon-y and not pretty, IMO. but I can see where you get bang for your buck there because they are OS.
taking a break from here... email me if you need me...
ThundersCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #8
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2c&j View Post
The only thing I don't like on the Bum-ware, is that there is no wicking fabric on the inner. It is either flannel, or birdseye....I like the wicking fabric.
You can get fleece topped doublers or something for extra money.

I prefer bum-ware AIOs over BG. I think bum-ware are comparibly trim compared to the BG, but I think bum-ware are cuter. lol. also the velcro is sooo strong, there's no way my little man could take it off! BG don't hold up as well over time, at least my 1.0 aios didnt. And my biggest complaint about BG was that the way the leg elastic was sewn, it was rubbing my little man's thighs to the point were they were chapped & sore.

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
naturesnappies
Registered Users

My Mood:

Bum-ware

They are SOO trim and SOOO absorbent. I blows my mind that Izabela can make a nappy that is both in one.

Funny bum-ware story..
My sister just started back at work and was called in for an emergency. She left Jr with daddy and went to put out the fire. (literally) She got back home after about 5 hours and asked all the usual questions...

SIS: So what time did you feed him? <--DH: an hour and a half ago
SIS: What time did you change him? <-- DH: Change him? I didn't need to change him- he wasn't wet.
SIS: Wasn't wet?!!! He's been in the same diaper for 5 almost 6 hours !@$!
DH: UH yah..he's not wet.
SIS: KEVIN YOU DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE CLOTHES ARE WET!
DH: Oh.

She changed his diaper and was completely amazed at how heavy and wet that diaper was. Plus it did not leak..not a drop!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
childers521
Registered Users

I love our Bum-Ware AIO's! Super trim and I love the fit. DS is currently napping in one as I type. They really are my preferred going out diaper because even with the extra included doubler they fit really well under regular clothes and don't leak. I also love that the hook and loop closure she uses is SOOOO strong that it makes it harder for ds to remove his diaper by himself.

But, I admit I am biased because I haven't tried a BG.