Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2010, 04:54 AM   #1
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Item not received by buyer even when tracking says it was delivered? help?!

Hi! Thanks for reading! I've never had this happen before...but I sold some covers (less than $20) last week to a new to DS mama (had feedback on one transaction). Anyway, got paypal payment, it was a confirmed address....printed the shipping label and sent the package. All of the tracking information prooves it was mailed and it even says that it was delivered 4 days ago. I got a PM from her today saying she hasn't gotten the covers. Does anyone know what I need to do from here? I've done everything right (from what I can tell), so is this going to hurt me or my rating on here??????

I really don't want to get bad feedback, and I genuinely would feel badly if this mama didn't get her covers...but how do I know if she is telling the truth about not getting them, when the USPS says "delivered"....any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by happymama1; 01-16-2010 at 04:56 AM.
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
BlueDahlia
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Item not received by buyer even when tracking says it was delivered? help?!

Oh no! That stinks. These situations are difficult because there really aren't clear answers. The same thing happened to H on an ebay transaction for a lower value item (around $10). Like you he did everything right on paper, but he decided to refund the buyer because 1) he really believed she didn't receive the item, 2) it was worth $10 to him to keep his feedback unmarred, 3) it was only $10. I'm sorry I don't have better advice!
BlueDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #3
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:

This may sound a bit harsh but since there is no way for you to know if she is telling the truth or not and as far as DC it shows delivered and paypal will side with you...no refund!
I sell a lot on Ebay and if a seller gives me a negative, I will gladly take it and add a note to the feedback stating that DC shows delivered but I would not give refunds to all the people that comes back to say they did not recieved when it shows delivered.
Also as a buyer if I dont recieved a package and the seller shipped through paypal to my confirmed address and it shows delivered I would not even contact the seller, I will talk to my postal worker, but this is just me.

On the other hand it could be true, on a few ocassions I have recieved packages that are not mine. Tell her to talk to her postal worker and enquire where she delivered that package that day. She can also ask the neighbors.
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook

Last edited by Zabibaby; 01-16-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tell her to contact her postal office and to talk to the postal worker that would have delivered it to her. If you can tell her approximately the size and color of the package it will help. This has happened to me before and i contacted post office and they looked into it (and i also talked to the driver) and lo and behold 2 days later my 'delivered' package was in my mailbox
happy2beamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2beamom View Post
Tell her to contact her postal office and to talk to the postal worker that would have delivered it to her. If you can tell her approximately the size and color of the package it will help. This has happened to me before and i contacted post office and they looked into it (and i also talked to the driver) and lo and behold 2 days later my 'delivered' package was in my mailbox

I recently sent a package to Maine, and while the package said it was delivered, the mama said she didn't get it. It took four more days to actually get to her house. Chalk it up to the crazy USPS.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I recently had this happen....except I was on the receiving end of the deal. I did a trade w/another WAHM and never received my items, although DC shows it was delivered. I talked to my mail lady (whom I have an awesome relationship with) and she spoke to our postmaster. I was told that even if insurance had been purchased, there would be no recourse since the item shows as delivered. My mail lady has a very small route (she's contracted through the USPS) and was upset that she could've made the mistake of putting my package in someone else's box. The WAHM that I traded with has told me that she's shipping me another package, I am just hoping I get it this time. I don't feel that its her "responsibility" to replace my package by any means but I certainly am grateful that she's at least willing to replace some of it. Maybe you could offer to split the cost with her so neither of you are out the full amount? I really don't know otherwise. Having been on the receiving end of the issue, I can certainly understand her frustration when there's no way to prove that you didn't get your stuff. Its your call in the end though.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

I have been on the receiving end of this before. I had something sent to me, had DC say delivered, but didn't have it. I let the mama know, but didn't expect her to do anything because she had done everything correctly. We gave it a week and it finally showed up at my house. I think USPS gets a little too excited about marking items as delivered sometimes.

Hopefully the package will find it's way to the mama.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
Skittle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had this happen to me. Mama sent the package, DC showed delivered but I never received it. Sucks totally since it's now my money that is gone
Old 01-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
pantufla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would say, go with your gut on this one. Do you feel like she's telling you the truth, or do you feel like she's feeding you a line? Tell her to talk to her mail carrier. If that doesn't work (sometimes they stick them in their truck and forget to actually deliver them), go to the local post office. If that doesn't work, and another week or two has lapsed, and she is nice to work with, decide what you want to do from there. You are under no obligation to pay her back or provide more covers. But you might wish to give her half her money back, or none, or some, or whatever your heart is telling you to do.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

While this is terrible on both parts, I would advise her to check with her local PO to see if they can do anything. You have really done everything on your part so there isn't anything left to do. For all you know, someone could have stolen the package right from her mailbox. She really needs to report this to her local po on her end.
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote