Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Skip Hop Duo DOUBLE Deluxe - Reviews??

Hi Mamas! I am looking for reviews on Skip Hop diaper bags, specifically the Duo Double. I've seen a lot of people like the brand and it seems to have overall good reviews. But, I can't find much on this one in particular. I'm going to have 4 kids in diapers when I have my twins this spring. Plus, I also have an older son who will be 4.5. I'm going to be getting a side by side double stroller. So, this would fit on that if I needed it to. But really, the reason I'm leaning toward this one is size. 4 kids in CD's plus everything else needed (small toys, wipes, whatever) takes up a lot of space. It looks like this diaper bag will be durable and functional. I'm just not sure about the exact model. Is this one too big?? Or perfect size for so many kids or what? I mean, I want big, but I don't want a suitcase either. So, if anyone has one, can you tell me what you think of it? Thanks!!

If you just have the Duo Deluxe, not double, I'd love to hear your input of how well it has held up and function and such.

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
christenjoy
Registered Users

Re: Skip Hop Duo DOUBLE Deluxe - Reviews??

I have the Duo Double and really like it. It is big, but I've needed big...cloth diapers, extra change of clothes, sippy cups, wipes, small toys, tylenol, motrin, my wallet...it fits everything and has a lot of different pockets so you can stay somewhat organized. BUT, I don't like using it as a bag to carry around, if that makes sense. It hangs on my stroller perfectly and I just move it from the car to the stroller, but when I have to actually carry it for any extended time it is too big. What I've done recently is if I just need to run in somewhere, or don't need everything, I leave the bag in the car and I bought skip hop's pronto http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
It actually fits wipes, 2 cloth diapers, and a wet bag. I just grab that and make them carry their sippys if I don't need everything else.
christenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christenjoy View Post
I have the Duo Double and really like it. It is big, but I've needed big...cloth diapers, extra change of clothes, sippy cups, wipes, small toys, tylenol, motrin, my wallet...it fits everything and has a lot of different pockets so you can stay somewhat organized. BUT, I don't like using it as a bag to carry around, if that makes sense. It hangs on my stroller perfectly and I just move it from the car to the stroller, but when I have to actually carry it for any extended time it is too big. What I've done recently is if I just need to run in somewhere, or don't need everything, I leave the bag in the car and I bought skip hop's pronto http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
It actually fits wipes, 2 cloth diapers, and a wet bag. I just grab that and make them carry their sippys if I don't need everything else.
Thanks for your input! I was thinking the same thing actually. But, I was thinking, I have a friend who is selling her Skip Hop messenger bag. I was thinking of buying it from her and using that for a smaller bag. I think for me, since I'm going to be having 4 in diapers, I'm going to need a good size bag even for my "small bag." I do usually leave my diaper bag in the car for quick trips into the store and such. Hmmm...the complications of having so many so young.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's big! It's really deep, but not very wide and when you put things in the inner pockets, it limits what you can store in the main part. I had 2 in diapers with it and constantly found myself digging to get to what I would need. I only kept it a couple of months. The only thing that I liked about it was that I could hang it on the back of my Maclaren double stroller. I think there are better out there.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

I have it and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Infact I might be a little obsessed! lol

I have two kids 16mo and 1mo and they are both in diapers, currently both in disposables but 1mo old will go to cloth here as soon as he fits into the ones I have. 16mo old I tried in cloth but his hinny is too big for the ones I have! lol Its a no win situation for now.

Anywho, I have no problem storing stuff or carrying it around. Yes its a bit heavy, but if I'm somewhere that requires me to carry it for a longtime, it usually means my stroller is with me and in that case it hooks onto it. If I go to a store for a "quick run" I actually just use the Similac back pack I got from the hospital. But 90% of the time my SHDD is with me!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
ariandsofiesmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have one and absolutely love it! The bag fits everything I need and more! I really like the shuttle clips and being able to hook it on to my stroller or even a shopping cart.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
groovybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's a fantastic bag - when I had a newborn in diapers and a toddler in trainers I loved that it held everything I needed and I didn't feel like anything was spilling out of the bag . I especially loved it for travel, I used it as a weekend bag for DS one time and it held literally everything he needed for the weekend. I can imagine it would be great for twins. I eventually sold it though because I wanted something smaller - I never ended up getting a side-by-side stroller (it's too wide for a single stroller) so I couldn't clip it on and didn't want to carry it around with me.
groovybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone! It's really good to hear from other people who have it since it's so expensive to buy. I think I'll sell some stuff and go for it.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #9
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariandsofiesmom View Post
I have one and absolutely love it! The bag fits everything I need and more! I really like the shuttle clips and being able to hook it on to my stroller or even a shopping cart.
Oh yeah! I never thought of that one! Thanks! And I have a tandem double stroller (not a side by side) and it fits just fine. It's a Graco Quattro Tour Duo or whatever... it hangs on it nicely! Ofcourse I have so much stuff in it I think if I hung it on just a single stroller my son would tip backwards because of it! lol
Old 01-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #10
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew&West View Post
Oh yeah! I never thought of that one! Thanks! And I have a tandem double stroller (not a side by side) and it fits just fine. It's a Graco Quattro Tour Duo or whatever... it hangs on it nicely! Ofcourse I have so much stuff in it I think if I hung it on just a single stroller my son would tip backwards because of it! lol
I have the same stroller right now! I was wondering if it would be compatible. Now, I know. It doesn't matter that much since I'm getting a quad and will hopefully be selling this one. But still, it's nice to know just in case.