Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: are you going to freeze meals?

Oh yeah I was going to add that I feel like I am obsessing over food this time but ds was a emergency c/s w/ a terrible recovery. I am going for a vbac but just in case I do have a c/s again I want to make things as easy as possible since I will have a nb and a toddler during recovery this time.

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

For easy, if freezing doesn't work for you - I have a couple friends who swear by crock pot cooking...
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
whole wheat/banana/sourcream muffins,
could I have this recipe???

I plan to make a big lasagna and cut up pieces to put in ziplock bags. That way it can be easy for us to have a serving, but not have to be stuck eating lasagna for a whole week. I need to get some other good recipes to do stuff like this with. I also plan to cook a lot of ground turkey/beef to keep in 1 lb and 1/2 lb servings in ziplock bags too. Not having to brown meat is a super time saver for things like crockpot chili and spaghetti.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
Prima Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: danzersrule82
seller

My Mood:

I haven't started freezing dinner meals yet, but did do some breakfast items. I found some recipes I liked for breakfast bread/muffins and doubled the recipe, put into mini loaf pans, baked, wrapped in saran wrap and froze. The mini loaves only take 2 minutes on 50% power to thaw in my fridge and that way it is easy enough for DH to do if I can't get up with my 2 boys. I also just made a double batch of these awesome waffles and froze them as well. They are chocolate chip pumpkin and I got the recipe off of 5www.dollardinners.com. Then just pop them into the toaster as you need them! The one thing I need to do (and hopefully I'll get to it this week) is make mini-meatloaves. I'm going to prepare my recipe as usual but bake them in single servings in my muffin tins. Then I can freeze those and take out for a quick lunch. I'll be watching this thread to see what good ideas everyone else has!
Old 01-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
sallyjean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My freezer is stocked! Mac and cheese, lagagne, pasta sauce, meatballs, meatloaf, soup, breakfast bars. It's almost totally full. Hmmm...nesting? I usually freeze in foil trays and recycled margarine containers. One thing to keep in mind is to not have all your meals contain the same thing, like cheese, or onions in case you're BFing and baby is sensitive to some foods.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #16
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh, most of my "meals" are frozen from the start, if ya know what I mean

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #17
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A girlfriend and I are going to bake some things to put in my deep freezer as my DD approaches, yes. Either that or I'll be living off fast food again like I did after Gia was born no small thanks to DH "helping out." I don't need to gain weight after I have her thanks.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #18
brandy1421
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post

uh, most of my "meals" are frozen from the start, if ya know what I mean
ours are more and more lately just because i havnt wanted to cook .. but now im going to start making things bigger and freezing half of it
Brandy*~Mommy Rio 12-06 Milo 10-07 & Atticus 3-10 #4 EDD Dec 14 2014
Have a Princess? SHOP HERE -----> Pretty Pretties
WAHM HyenaCart
brandy1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #19
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkenney View Post
could I have this recipe???

I plan to make a big lasagna and cut up pieces to put in ziplock bags. That way it can be easy for us to have a serving, but not have to be stuck eating lasagna for a whole week. I need to get some other good recipes to do stuff like this with. I also plan to cook a lot of ground turkey/beef to keep in 1 lb and 1/2 lb servings in ziplock bags too. Not having to brown meat is a super time saver for things like crockpot chili and spaghetti.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Sour-Cream-Bread/Detail.aspx

Here is the recipe. I subbed a little more than half of the ap flour for whole wheat and added a little bit of wheat germ as well. Also reduced the sugar and added chocolate chunks
Old 01-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #20
amberpayne27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for posting! I was just talking to DH about this today. I am gluten intolerant, so I am limited somewhat as to what I can make (we don't do a lot of casserole-type meals because GF pastas can get expensive). I do plan on making a GF lasagna, some veggie beef soup, homemade corn tortillas for pizzas, and maybe meatloaf. I'd love to have a couple weeks of food stocked up, but we also have a tiny freezer. We can't afford to eat meals out for several weeks, and again w/the gluten stuff...we *can't* eat out much (I don't have many options around here). So, I'm hoping DH will help out with cooking some. With my dd, tons of people brought us stuff to eat, but it doesn't seem to happen as much with the second and most people have no idea where to start with cooking gluten free.
Jesus lovin' wife to my 3rd grade sweetie and Homeschooling mama to my funny little 5 year old diva, Kelsie ,Stella Mae, my 2 year old wild child and Judah Jenkins, our sweet miracle rainbow baby born 11/3/12
Missing our tiny love bugs 6/11, 4w4d and 10/11, 9w1d
amberpayne27 is offline   Reply With Quote