Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #11
yummama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Screen Shot of Virus?

I JUST got this! aaaaaagggghhhh...this is our only computer!

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
Tashena
Registered Users
Formerly: BebeBlu
seller

My Mood:

I believe it is some sort of phishing - at least that's what I was told and read when I got it a few months back.

Be sure your security software is current.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #13
yummama
Registered Users
seller

so, I didn't close it correctly--I pressed whatever button I'm assuming they wanted me to. What do I do now? Anyone? I have an imac and I'm not really that great with computer stuff!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
WeeEssentials
Registered Users
Formerly: cmarie14
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen73 View Post
DITTO! I love you DS but please fix this...I can't afford new hard drives! Thanks...
FWIW, the hard drive I had died after hardware issues, not because of a ds issue. My hubby took it apart to see what was going on and if we could retrieve anything. He found some physical damage. I guess it fell off my chair one time too many...

Make it reusable! Wipe Solution, Wipes, Mama Cloth, Wet Bags, Unpaper towels, Food Baggies, & more!
WeeEssentials on Etsy
Gabe 3-06, Ezra 9-08, & Madeline 5-10 and Abigail 12/12!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #15
ttmomma
Registered Users
Formerly: ree**23
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummama View Post
so, I didn't close it correctly--I pressed whatever button I'm assuming they wanted me to. What do I do now? Anyone? I have an imac and I'm not really that great with computer stuff!
me too!! So what do I do, ever since I closed down using the X box, my internet isn't working right and I'm starting to have all sorts of issues - on my NEW computer my brother just sent me!!()#()#)( I'm soooo beyond mad right now...

Recovering CD addict & momma to DS, who refuses to wear CD's no matter how fluffy
Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 AM   #16
LilMamaK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been reading sooooo many virus posts, I just want to say that I ONLY browse the web with Firefox (it's free & totally safe to download) I also installed the add-on Adblock Plus (I update it EVERY time I'm cued to do so), I run McAfee antivirus (free w/comcast internet) and I have not had any of the problems that are discussed in these posts.

BTW, yes that is likely a virus or at least spyware/adware. I have always had good luck running Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware (and I keep Hijack this on my 'puter just in case I do have a problem one of the online tech geek forums can usually walk me through a clean-up)

PLEASE PLEASE just try running Firefox with Adblock plus and make sure your antivirus is updated and see if that helps. (I hate to hear about mamas losing their hard drives because of this crap)
Old 01-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #17
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMamaK View Post
I have been reading sooooo many virus posts, I just want to say that I ONLY browse the web with Firefox (it's free & totally safe to download) I also installed the add-on Adblock Plus (I update it EVERY time I'm cued to do so), I run McAfee antivirus (free w/comcast internet) and I have not had any of the problems that are discussed in these posts.

BTW, yes that is likely a virus or at least spyware/adware. I have always had good luck running Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware (and I keep Hijack this on my 'puter just in case I do have a problem one of the online tech geek forums can usually walk me through a clean-up)

PLEASE PLEASE just try running Firefox with Adblock plus and make sure your antivirus is updated and see if that helps. (I hate to hear about mamas losing their hard drives because of this crap)
On top of Adblock, I use Noscript. It does take away a little bit of DS functionality, but I'd rather not use some of the fancier options like quick reply if I can avoid a virus destroying my computer.

Closed Thread