Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
mamabear23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pockets & red marks

Whether I am using BG 3.0, FB, RMD, etc. Sadie is getting these horrible red marks on her thighs. She is anything but a chunkster so I don't get it. I don't over tighten them. I tighten them just enough so that they don't leak around the legs. They seem to be bothering her as when I wipe her she kind of winces What can I do? I have a few fitteds left and pf's and flats. Should I just give up and use those? Poor Baby Girl

Advertisement

If I haven't left you feedback, please send me a pm and I will do it right away.
mamabear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
JenandChan
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Pockets & red marks

My son is skinny and that happens to him too, not with the brands you mentioned. He gets red marks between his hip bones and the top of the thighs. I would try to use the diapers that don't leave the marks as much as possible. It might take you awhile to find a pocket diaper that doesn't leave red marks. Does the cover for your PF leave marks? Maybe you can get something that is the same brand.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
mamabear23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandChan View Post
My son is skinny and that happens to him too, not with the brands you mentioned. He gets red marks between his hip bones and the top of the thighs. I would try to use the diapers that don't leave the marks as much as possible. It might take you awhile to find a pocket diaper that doesn't leave red marks. Does the cover for your PF leave marks? Maybe you can get something that is the same brand.
I usually use wool or fleece and fitteds. They never leave marks. I was trying to do the whole pocket thing for ease and out and about.

If I haven't left you feedback, please send me a pm and I will do it right away.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
rescueremedies
Banned

Can I add to this, because I am about ready to give up on CD because of these Red marks! I have four different brands, and it seems they all do this, some worse than others, and we have them in all spots including the back around his waist. He seems to have very delicate skin, but how can this be comfortable? Anyone have better ideas? Thanks!

Lori
L&D RN and Mommy to 3 boys and 2 girls
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
kelllilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Use a little bag balm, it'll keep chaffing at bay and make the red marks fade (just don't use too much or it'll stain the diapers). I typically find this happening the most with diapers that use polybraid elastic instead of Lastin or that encase the elastic. Could also indicate a reaction to the elastic, but not necessarily.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
mamabear23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How do I know the difference in the elastic? Who uses what? I think I am just going to have to go back to wool, fleece and natural fibers for dipes. My other two kids had troubles with synthetics, so what was I thinking? I am so frustrated. Her little thighs look a mess and certainly don't feel good for her

Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 AM   #7
southernbelle04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have also read that it could be from detergent building up in the folds of the leg area. I use Tide (in the process of switching detergents) and I think that's what going on with DD.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
Hudsonsk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son gets the same thing. He's a skinny, small little guy too. He has the biggest problem with our fuzzi bunz. Now I use the flip cover with flats folded to fit inside and haven't had a problem. I only use the pockets at night because they have the stay dry liner. I've read about some other moms having similar problems and the flip has worked for them too. That's why I decided to try it too. Hope this helps!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #9
rescueremedies
Banned

Thank you for the helpful tips Mommies! I called my local diaper service, and they are coming to pick up my stash of pockets and strip and sanitize them. In exchange they are bringing me a weeks worth of prefolds and covers. I think this will be best since I have a front loader, and this way I can try something else to see if it works better

Lori

L&D RN and mommy to 3 boys and 2 girls
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #10
mamabear23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueremedies View Post
Thank you for the helpful tips Mommies! I called my local diaper service, and they are coming to pick up my stash of pockets and strip and sanitize them. In exchange they are bringing me a weeks worth of prefolds and covers. I think this will be best since I have a front loader, and this way I can try something else to see if it works better

Lori

L&D RN and mommy to 3 boys and 2 girls
Cool deal! Hope it helps. We are back in a Scuttlebutt with a WCW wool pull on.