Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
grommitsmom
Registered Users
seller

my dd is almost 3 and still in a crib...bad?

Advertisement

Last edited by grommitsmom; 03-21-2012 at 09:28 AM.
grommitsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: my dd is almost 3 and still in a crib...bad?

If it works for her I think its just fine

If it can convert to a toddler bed that would be ideal because you really wouldn't be removing the crib, just changing it up a bit. Change in small doses you know?

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
grommitsmom
Registered Users
seller

we did take the side off and that just made her more mad, she thought her crib was broken and wouldnt get in it, lol. i think i have my mind made up, im going to keep her in it for while longer, she is comfy there, im just wondering if im the only mom out there to have a 3yr old in a crib?? she has asthma, allergies, sleep apnea, and apraxia, and im just wanting her to sleep!!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
Treasures Of Mine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope, your not the only mama out there! My son Cai turned 3 in November and is still in his crib. He loves it, all my kids slept in their crib till after 3...I think they feel more secure in it, and makes no sense to take that comfort away from them! Especially if the alternative is a toddler bed which is the SAME size as a crib and another bed probably feels like an ocean to their tiny bodies!

Trust your instincts and your baby's signs Mama, that's what makes you a wonderful Mama, not listening to all the naysayers, but to your own intuition!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think that it's bad at all mama. If she is comfy there I really don't see a reason to not use it. My little cousin is 9 now but has only been sleeping in her twin bed since she was about 5. She has Downs Syndrome ( she is very very high functioning though) and my Aunt just figured that as long she was happy and comfortable there was no reason to move her into a twin bed. Just do what works for you and your lo... I really feel like the only "reason" to move her into a bigger bed would be social pressure and eh... Who cares! Your family and daughter's happiness is sooo much more important
Old 01-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #6
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wish my 3yo was still in her crib. My dd2 wion't be 3 till July but I have no intention of moving her anytime soon. I really don't need two of my little troubblemakers running free upstairs lol.
If she likes it and it's working, why change it?
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
2Pinks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I moved my girls to twin matresses on the floor just over a year ago - did it at the same time. My youngest was was nearly three and my oldest was over 4 years old. They loved their cribs but my oldest was just starting to be too tall for it.

If she is happy and sleeps well in her crib, by all means leave her there!

~*~ My Biz ~*~
2Pinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #8
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried a toddler bed? Might be a good transition since it is not as spacious as a twin. Also, adding bed rails can make it seem crib like. Either way, I wouldn't feel bad about what you have done in the past but eventually, she will need to transition. Good luck when the time comes!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #9
grommitsmom
Registered Users
seller

thanks and yes, we have tried everything! we bought a cute pink toddler bed, she didnt like it, the twin be we have is the top of a bunk bed so it has the rails all the way around, she doesnt like that...my son is 4 and very big and he fits just fine in the crib, he plays in it, lol...so i dont really see a problem, i just took her warm milk away at night, and that was the last baby thing she had my dh wants to keep her in her crib until she is 16
Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
grommitsmom
Registered Users
seller

we still give her warm milk, just not in a sippy