Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
loveskitten
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need help picking out a breast pump?

With DD (now over a year old) I breastfeed exclusively until 4-5 months. Then, stuff happened, things got crazy, and I began having supply issues. I tried pumping to help this, and went through not one, but three different breast pumps. At that point, I gave up. I regretted that decision, because I felt like I let everyone down. This time around I want to bf for a year, and I need a pump that will help me do that. I know Medela is the best....and the most expensive. Are there any other good models worth mentioning that aren't as staggering price wise? Thanks, Mamas!

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need help picking out a breast pump?

I love, love, love my Medela Pump In Style Advanced. I bought mine through Worldwidesurgical.com for $100 less than BRU has them for. Free shipping and awesome customer service. You have to email them for the price, but they responded to me quickly and it was somewhere around $230 if I remember correctly.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also recommend the Medela Pump in Style. Works great, looks nice, and you can double pump so it takes 1/2 the time. It's well worth the money IMO.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:50 AM   #4
loveskitten
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that is a lot of money...but I guess we'll have to splurge
Old 01-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #5
strawberrykids
Do not B/S/T with. Contact ~happy2bamommy~ if involved in transaction.
seller

My Mood:

If you are not pumping fulltime I suggest the Medela Swing. It is what I bought for me this go around (has great reviews). I do not have to pump often but it offers a lot of the same features as the advanced at half the price.
strawberrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Medela Pump in Style Advanded for me too! I spent around $260 at Target, and I am SO glad I did. My LO is 5 months old and hasn't had a drop of formula yet!

GL mama!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote