Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
Kimby
Registered Users
seller

Cloth diaper store in NH or MA

Hi Mamas,

I am not a new mom, but am due for baby #3 in March and I want to try cloth diapering this time around. I have bought a few things to try from here on FSOT and new online, but I would really like to go to a real store with a large selection and just look and feel!!! I live in Salem, NH right on the Mass boarder so anywhere in Southern NH, Northern MA would be great.

Any suggestions of B&M stores in the area that carry a large selection???

Advertisement

Kimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth diaper store in NH or MA

Hey there! If you can make it down to Somerville, Check out Diaper Lab! Salina is super friendly and helpful, and she has a program that lets you take home 8 diapers to try out and can return if they don't work.

The shop is a little hard to find, and parking isn't the greatest, but the shop itself is great- good selection, and she has second hand dipes (though I think they are priced a little high for used.)

http://www.diaperlab.com/index.php

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey mamas

Im a cloth diapering mom of 4. luckily only 2 are in diapers and one is pting. im holding at playdate at the mall this monday at 10. its in the play area by the food court. you should come. I just had baby number 4. I actually didnt know about that store. Umm I do know there is a place called nini bambini in bedford, nh also. they are just getting started with dipes though.
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
Kimby
Registered Users
seller

Hi Mamas,

Thanks for your recommendations. I checked out the Bedford store online and it did not seem like they had much in terms of select for cloth diapering.

The Diaper Lab is exactly what I was looking for!!!! Somerville is not far for me so I am definitely going head up there as my due date get a little closer thanks so much!!!!!

Sorry, Can't make the playdate on Monday. But I will be on the lookout for the next one!!!
Kimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
beekrazey
Registered Users
seller

Hi girls! I just found this link on craigslist recently too. merrimackvalleydiapers.com Haven't really check them out yet, it says they bring stuff to you and do an at home consultation! I can't figure out if they have an actual store front though. They are based in Methuen though, so its just next door and easy to check out! Their prices don't look the best, but its much easier to gain info when you can actually touch and feel the differences in brands/styles. Diaper Lab is great, they have a trial program which is great to get started. That's what we did with our toddler last spring and it was perfect. Now he's PT'd but we use everything for our new baby.

Also, as far as playgroups go, my birth board from Babycenter is starting a get together! We are meeting Weds 1/27 at the Natick Mall. I'm always looking for new moms, especially CDing ones! I don't know any one IRL that CD!
beekrazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
iluvpandas4
Registered Users

I recommend both merrimackvalleydiapers.com and the Diaper Lab in Somerville. The ladies at Diaper Lab are great and very friendly and they have a great selection. Merrimack Valley Diapers does not have a store front but they do local events at nearby locations. The last one was actually in Salem, NH at the Gently Loved Baby store.

I actually just started CDing last month but I love it (and I handwash my dipes in between trips to the laundromat; saving up for that washer and dryer!) I wish I knew some mamas who CD'ed too though.
iluvpandas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
KiteGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I live in Western Mass, and the closest stores are A Child's Garden in Northampton, MA, and Shima in North Adams, MA. You can Google them for addresses, but if you're interested and have a hard time let me know and I'll get it for you. Northampton has more of a selection, but you can get good stuff at Shima, too. You could definitely hit up both if you were in the area.
KiteGirl: Mother of one boy, Cy Wife and Partner to John, educator, and perpetual student. I'm into cloth diapering (although Cy is a potty-using boy now!), babywearing, crib sleeping, vaccinating and circumcising, and am happy to support you in what you believe, as well.
KiteGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #8
hikergal73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the Diaper Lab! I highly recommend taking one of their workshops. I just wish they were closer to us. It's a haul from Nashua.
hikergal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #9
nh_momma
Registered Users

you might wanna check out Stork Organic Baby boutique on the Milford Oval.
nh_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
naturalmama603
Registered Users

The Baby Bungalow, Real Green Goods and Little Sweet pea in Concord all of diapers.
naturalmama603 is offline   Reply With Quote