Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
sweetcheeky
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The FDA Changes Its Position On Bisphenol-A

BPA was willingly banned in canada a few years ago! in the use of anything used for human consumption including food storage containers and bags
As soon as i heard their was any concern i changed the way we use and what type of plastic are allowed in my home better safe then sorry
Not to mention the way any safety system works is there is very preliminary test for safety and until something bad happens its safe.. look back over the years they use to use cocaine in tons of products for babys and children Now we know its not safe. alot of the time there hasnt been enough time to pass for there to be any type conclusive evidence to prove or disprove safety
Like one of the mama's said how many of us have used these products and are just fine. BUT how long are we fine for its more the long term affects of these products.. which we still dont know about They're is more and more studys coming out linking cancer to things we use everyday.
You cant provent everything bad from getting near you we live in a world that is full of pullotion to begin with but i think its important to know whats going on and make informed choices about what we being into our homes and into our bodys.
.. we have a rule of thumb in our home
if its man made synthetic, processed its probably not the best for us..or the envoriment plastic never goes away and alot of it is made from waste they cant do anything else with.. its really gross
Natural is best
Glass for example comes from a natural source and its just so much nicer then plastic anyways

Advertisement

sweetcheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:32 AM   #12
mekat
Registered Users

My son has no choice his only sustenance is formula and it is delivered in plastic bags through a feeding pump so I guess we will just have to take the risk. Of course he is more likely to contract cancer from his low NK cell count and multiple yearly x-rays. Nothing I can do about any of the risks but live in the now.

Last edited by mekat; 01-25-2010 at 08:33 AM.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #13
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann View Post
Great, so instead of perhaps requiring containers that don't contain the chemicals they are going to make parents who can't breastfeed posion our kids.
Exactly.

I consider myself lucky to have been able to BF my 3, but I also used plastic bottles and plastic storage bags since I had to work 8 years ago while DS1 went to a sitter. He is at as much or more risk, since his BM was heated in these containers.

It also is just plain irresponsible to say this instead of taking action to eliminate the problem and make something that should be a safe option truly a safe option.

It's like saying that we should all walk so that there is no chance of a car accident.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #14
NessaL_07
Registered Users

My Mood:

well that is just great..