Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Legs stuck in crib :(

DD has gotten her little legs stuck in her crib bars a couple of times Would a crib bumper prevent this? What are your suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Z&N's Mommy
Registered Users

Re: Legs stuck in crib :(

We had this same issue and tried the bumper but she seemed to to squirmy that she got stuck anyway.
Z&N's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

All of my kids did this and it freaked me out everytime. The bumper rails didn't work. The mesh thing they sell doesn't fit my crib so we had to deal with it until each stopped doing it. It was hard because my dd got her legs stuck back when she used the crib and I couldn't get them out, i was about the break the slats to free her but dh got home and saved us both. I think the crib makers should make the slats a little closer then they are so little legs do not fit.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know, it really freaks me out, poor baby...
Old 01-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
Poohb10454
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All of my kids have gone through this as well. The bumper actually did help with ours getting their legs stuck. It has happened a lot lately with my youngest ds, he is 2 and somehow gets it really stuck sometimes ive had to call my husband in to help me get his leg out because he somehow gets it all the way up to his thigh...I have actually been thining of putting his bumper back in too.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
sweetcheeky
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use Air flow bumper pads they are like a mesh that goes around they worked well for me
sweetcheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

My oldest did it when she was 15months. She was not a big baby & I had to use vaseline to get her legs unstuck. We had bumper pads on. we moved her into a twin bed the next day.

My other 2 didn't do it, but my middle one was 12months when she was out of the crib & my youngest slept on me until she was 12months, then was in my bed & her sisters by the time she was 2. She only slept in her crib for naps & after she was 1 she often slept on the couch for them.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #8
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD just slings her leg over the bumper and sticks it out lol She did get it stuck a few times but now I go in and find her asleep with her leg between the bars..not stuck. Sometimes I wonder if it's intentional. I didn't worry about it too much..doesn't take long before they are mobile enough to get their leg out.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
AHIAMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe if she wore a sleep bag so both of her legs were in there together she wouldn't be able to separate them enough to get one through.
Earn money for your searches with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2my4kiddos
AHIAMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My daughter did this at an older age - probably 11 months to 15 months old. She would kick her legs really hard and get them so stuck that a few times I thought I would have to call the fire department to cut the crib bars. She was STUCK. Thankfully I was always able to squeeze her thigh and pull her leg out without anything worse than some ugly bruises.

I didn't try bumpers because I was afraid that my DD would just use them to climb out of the crib which I thought would be more dangerous. I ended up putting her into a sleepsack every time she sleeps (naps and bed time) and she stopped getting her legs stuck. I think the sleepsack keeps her from shoving her leg far enough to get stuck and if it does get stuck you have that extra give of the fabric to help get it out.

I hope this helps! I know how terrible it is to go to rescue your screaming child and not be able to get them unstuck yourself!
JamieJLD is offline   Reply With Quote