Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weird newborn clothes question...

Ok, this is probably going to make me sound weird/paranoid, but I'm going to ask anyway...

My son has this really cute Old Navy outfit, it's a heavy cotton sweatshirt-like material with a hood and it snaps in the crotch. Red with gray stripes. Nothing special or exciting, right? Well, he's worn it 3 times and every time that day ended up being horrible, he screamed and screamed and seemed absolutely miserable. On the last day I remember him wearing it, I changed him into a sleeper and he immediately calmed down. I thought it was coincidence but my paranoia led me to avoid picking the outfit again.

Fast forward to yesterday, I was helping my mom out at work and DH was alone with the kids. He called me twice saying that DS was inconsolible and he didn't know what to do (that's another story...men! ) and I kept giving him suggestions but nothing was working. Well, when I got home - lo and behold, DH had dressed DS in that same Old Navy outfit. My first thought was, "I have to change him into something else!" and I am not kidding you when I say that the second I changed him into another outfit, he was good as gold.

So, weird coincidence? Or do you think he really might have an aversion to that outfit for some reason? He's only 2 mos old for cripes sake, seems way to early to join the fashion police!

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
FairyBeautifulMama
Registered Users
Formerly: j***imm
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weird newborn clothes question...

Is there a tag? Whats the inside made of??
Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

is it made of different material vs a sleeper or whatever you change him into?! That is odd. I wouldn't put it on him for a week or two see how he does and then try it again... it very well could be the outfit. I know how odd that sounds, but that would be my thought. Unless he's the next fashion guru like Tim Gun! haha.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
DaynaR
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like soemthing about that outfit makes him uncomfy.

Is he too hot?
Too cold?
Could the hood be bugging him?
Could it be the material of the outfit?
Maybe even the color for some reason?

I'd compare it to his other clothes and see how.whats different with that particular outfit.
DaynaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Picky Picky!!!!!

I agree with everyone..there's just something about it that isn't right!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep...it's probably bugging him somehow. I would avoid the outfit.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
RoadBuddy
Registered Users

I can't imagine he cares about the fashion, but it could very well be uncomfortable in some way. Look for tags, scratchy seams, it bunching his diaper somehow, or just an uncomfortable feel anywhere inside it.

I assume it gets washed with everything else, so detergent reaction shouldn't be involved.
RoadBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
spathakis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Its not weird.. I have a 21/2 year old potty trained girl who always pees in my fav pair of pants.. no matter what ..she goes without accidents for weeks and pees the day i put those pants on her.!!
spathakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have checked it over and can't determine a specific thing that may be bugging him - it has a tag, but other clothes he wears have tags too. I am definitely putting the outfit in the "consignment" bag, but I wish I knew what it was! I'm glad I'm not crazy, DH thought I was crazy for even assuming it was the outfit
Old 01-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #10
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeinstarrz View Post
I have checked it over and can't determine a specific thing that may be bugging him - it has a tag, but other clothes he wears have tags too. I am definitely putting the outfit in the "consignment" bag, but I wish I knew what it was! I'm glad I'm not crazy, DH thought I was crazy for even assuming it was the outfit
Sometimes tags are in just the right place to sratch like crazy though. I have a couple of outfits where for some reason, the tag is juuuuust off or stiffer or something, and it scratches and bugs the heck out of me. One top, one pair of pants, and one skirt. I can't wait to get home and change when I wear those.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote