Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
sweetietooth
I *heart* fresh fluff.
seller

Need room sharing ideas!

We are going to share our room with the baby for the first several months, maybe even the first year. How have those of you that have done this arranged things? What worked best?

This is our third baby but the first time we are going into it knowing we are going to share a room with a baby for a bit longer than the early weeks. We will have a co-sleeper at first, and then maybe put in the crib or a mini crib ???

I want to set up a cute nursery-ish area (nesting, anyone? ) but not sure how to make it look like we didn't just try to squish baby stuff into a master bedroom.

If you have ideas and pics please share! TIA!

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need room sharing ideas!

No pictures for you yet mama, but we are doing something very similar. My 13 month old is still cosleeping (in our bed, has been in our bed since birth) but she's transitioning after we move in 2 weeks. She'll be going to her own room and we'll be making room for the new baby. This time, we are using a mini-crib with one side not attached, and side carring it to the bed on my side. We have a large flat top dresser, and I believe I'll use the dresser top as my changing area since I won't want to take my DD up in the middle of the night or during nap to take the baby in there to change him/her. I'm also setting up a small table/lamp and glider in there for feedings. I have a hanging organizer to put in our closet for his/her clothes, blankets, ect... We'll do this at least a year, if not a little longer. We'll be in a two bedroom apartment, so space is tight - but I have good ideas!
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We did the room sharing thing. We had a cradle in our room, and will have the cradle in our room again this time.

I tried to start the babies off in their cradle next to the bed, and then usually ended up co-sleeping half way through the night.

I don't have a "cute nursery-ish" area. I just have the cradle on the wall that's at the foot of the bed, and a changing table on the wall next to the bed.

God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

my last son stayed with us til well into preschool years. I had a small dresser in my room for his stuff, but it was mainly in his brother's room.

This time, I have a changing table in our room that is storing all the diaps, clothes, blankets, etc. We don't use it for changing, lol. The baby will be right in the bed. Would love to have a cute nursery themed area, but I don't have the space. Our room also houses my entire scrapboooking collection and 6ft table to house it. I do want a small book shelf or something for the books we read the baby every night. Right now they are piled everywhere
Old 01-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
sweetietooth
I *heart* fresh fluff.
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella08 View Post
...This time, we are using a mini-crib with one side not attached, and side carring it to the bed on my side...
I would love to see pictures when you get this set up. A mini crib would be the perfect compromise, but I am just not sure how to set it up so one side is off and against the bed. So, how do you side carry it exactly???

So far we are thinking a mini co-sleeper to start, then possibly a mini crib or even our full-sized crib (if it fits!) against the wall on my side of the room.

I still want to make that area look somewhat cute and babyish. *sigh*