Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
litllegreekmama
Registered Users
seller

Pork allergy?

I posted this under breastfeeding as well. I'm on a total elimination diet with my 8 month old to find out the cause of his digestive issues. I went a week on just chicken and rice and he was doing really well. Sunday my MIL made pork not knowing it was part of the diet, and i ate a little to be polite because I knew she was trying. Monday he was a miserable mess, but i didn't eat any pork. Tuesday he was a happy little boy, so pleasant! Tuesday night i was starving and so desperate i ate some pork sausage for dinner. Today he is so miserable again, totally different from yesterday.
Could he have a pork allergy? or is this just part of the detox? Has anyone else had this?

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pork allergy?

Sorry I've never had to go through that but I know people can be allergic to poultry so I don't see why he couldn't be allergic or senstive to pork.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

According to wholesomebabyfood.com (which I referred to A LOT when DS was little), pork is definitely on the list of foods more likely to cause allergic reaction. You can see the complete list that they have posted here. If you want to add variety to your meat consumption, they have turkey, veal and salmon on their low allergen list.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definetly...my ODS has a milk allergy and we are sure he has a beef allergy as well...its totally possible...
Old 01-28-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
Revy
Registered Users

My Mood:

you can check out wrongdiagnosis.com for some treatments that might help you and your child..
Naturally for Her is the first company dedicated in providing the best organic and natural fertility management options like Lady-Comp and the Today Sponge FREE SHIPPING in the US! FREE 1 BOX of Natacare 100% Organic products in every purchase of Lady-Comp!
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:19 AM   #6
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

definitely!!

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
juliemom2faith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually have a friend who is allergic to pork and even if she doesnt eat it but it was cooked in something or sat near it on the plate she has bad stomach issues.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
Merlady1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemom2faith View Post
I actually have a friend who is allergic to pork and even if she doesnt eat it but it was cooked in something or sat near it on the plate she has bad stomach issues.
Yes, that. I am allergic to pork, it makes me violently ill. So I definitely think that could be the culprit.