Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
RochelleS
Registered Users
Formerly: shae
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing bras...how many and what kind did you like? :)

I love Target's, but I only bought the kind without underwire. I bought 4 when I had DD and even though we're done nursing, I still wear them for sleeping in since they're so comfortable.

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
drkelli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Question-
right now I am AT LEAST a 36DD. What size should I look for? And I need something really supportive.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkelli View Post
Question-
right now I am AT LEAST a 36DD. What size should I look for? And I need something really supportive.
If it were me, I'd look for a stretchy sleep bra or tank that you can wear now and wait until after baby gets here. My boobs go up hugely the first 4-6 weeks when I deal with that engorgement, and after that it is anybody's guess where they'll end up. So I try to wait until 6-8 weeks PP to spend any real money on a bra. Some women go up a cup size or more and others don't change at all.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #14
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I start wearing my nursing bras around 4 months pregnant b/c my tatas get HUGE while I'm pregnant and BFing and I can't stand underwire. I love the target ones, but they do fall apart fast and don't have padding to cover up when "your headlights are on". However, this time around I bought a Bravada, and I love that thing! I will wear it for nursing. I think I will probably try to have 3 of them!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #15
RochelleS
Registered Users
Formerly: shae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkelli View Post
Question-
I think everyone is different. I heard that you should buy a size up from your normal size, etc. but that didn't really hold true for me. If possible, I'd just buy one bra for now and then go buy more after the baby arrives and your milk comes in.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #16
missykay
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was a 34DD when my milk came in and I loved the GOs from Target as well. I had one that they called a "sports bra" that I loved. It was so comfortable that I labored in it. With the tanks they have 2 different kinds. If you go to the Target website you can see them. One is called "side sling" and the other is "full sling". I preferred the full sling but a lot of women don't so you should try them on before you buy.

I had 2 underwire ones from Motherhood and I HATED them. I was self-conscious about how big my boobs were and felt like those bras just made them stick out even more. I wanted something to mash those puppies down.

I had 3 tanks and the sports bra. Because I slept in the tanks in addition to wearing them under clothes I wish I had a few more. People talk about all the extra laundry you do when you have a baby but I didn't experience that. I did more diaper laundry but not regular laundry. Must've been doing something wrong.
Forever missing Yuen Tien (12-9-11)
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3
missykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #17
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have half a dozen I think. My preference is Bravado...and these are my fav:

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/produc...ID=109&area=US

I also have a couple of the nursing tanks which are great, and more of those on the way

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #18
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomriver View Post
Target bras always fell apart for me--stitching came apart, underwires came out. I got 3 motherhood maternity bras that I have used for the past 21 months and loved (I have 2 faves that I mostly wear). Get something real stretchy beforehand and then go buy everything else after once you know what size you will be. I just used a loose stretchy regular sports type bra for sleeping in during the early leaky days. I like a padded bra so that the nursing pads don't show so bad. I also much prefer the underwire during the day. I never had any duct problems. Just make sure you have the right size so it isn't digging you.
Now that you said something about it. I do have motherhood bras. duh. they were my favorite and didn't cost too much to!

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #19
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just ordered 3 more just a few days ago because the ones I'm wearing now are getting worn from so much wear. I love the support of my Anita bra (I wear a 32G when nursing), I like the confort of the Bravado body silk and the Bravado original works at night for me. I do not like to sleep in bras, but I will leak all over the bed if I don't. The breastchester.comis going out of business and all bras are 40% off in any of you are interrested.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #20
Sewing4Girls
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I got a glamourmom nursing tank from motherhood and I love it. I wear it to bed and I can just pop my clothes on over it if I want. I also have a couple of the Gilligan O'Malleys from target- I liked them until a month ago when the underwire just got too uncomfortable. I got a Bravado sublime and I love it and plan to get a couple more of those sometime. If you can't find a nursing bra you like, just get a regular one that you do like and get a package of swimsuit bra hooks from walmart or a sewing store and cut the straps and sew the hooks on and there you go.