Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
does your EBF child....

have an obsession with spoons? we gave dd a plastic spoon to chew on when dh and i went out one night bc she was teething and now she HAS to have one when we eat she sits in her bumbo and chews her spoon and if we dont give her one she tries to take ours any ideas? is this normal....i hope it doesnt mean she is ready for solids bc i want to BF for at least 6 more months.....

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
chelle0518
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: does your EBF child....

Now, JoAnna, you know you're supposed to just call with ?'s like this!!!
All my guys, including Noah now, get obsessed with being big boys at the table. I just never made food the main source of nutrition, it's more or less to play with and learn about until well past a year.
Nurse Kenzie right before you eat, then give her some stuff to play with...spoons, those baby puff things, tidbits of your food smashed up, etc. She'll keep nursing as long as it's her main source of food. In my momma experienced opinion of course.
We just started giving Noah some veggies when we eat and he's doing really well with them, we have no allergies in our family, so I'm not overly cautious about doing the rice cereal, the whatever is supposed to come next routine. Do what you're comfy with, but the above is what worked with my guys and the older two nursed wellllll past a year.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
triscuitsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh yeah!!! He'll play/chew with one for hours lol.

He's about the same age as your DD. He'll drink out of cup too (expressed breastmilk) and wants to take ours whatever is in them (obviously I don't let him though ). No solids here until after six months sometime, and we plan on nursing until he weans himself (sometime after two years).

I would say normal (because my kid is normal of course *rolls eyes* )
Old 01-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks...she will hold/drink from a sippy but just water...she only wants her BM from me im a little hesitant about giving her fruit puffs or any food yet though.....
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 01-27-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

how many months is she btw???
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:31 AM   #6
desertblossom79
Registered Users
seller

My 9 mos old will yell at everyone until she is in her highchair at the table with the rest of us and has her own spoon, bowl and food. LOL! She's no where near weaning yet and nurses 6 - 8 times a day still but she REFUSES to be left out at meal time. LOL! My older dd nursed well past a year and she was given solids the same as ydd.

Tonight, dd had some mashed up veggies and potatoes. I think she wore more than she ate but she was happy. :-) At lunch she had some applesauce. At breakfast this morning she had a handful of cheerios (which I think I swept more of them off the floor than ended up in her mouth) We've always brought her to the table with the rest of us at mealtime since she was a newborn. I think she start taking an interest in having what we have when she was about 6 mos. So we starting giving her a little of this and a little of that. No allergies here and we usually have at least one thing at each meal that isn't heavily seasoned or butter or a little can be set aside for her before it is heavily seasoned or buttered. And like I said, she still nurses like a champ despite having 3 "meals" a day. Starting solids doesn't have to mean that nursing is over. I fully expect to be still nursing until we are ready to stop.

Jeni

Patrick (9), Sean (7) Caitlyn (6), Brooke (1)Owen (4/08)
desertblossom79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

she is 5.5 months
Old 01-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #8
babydirtybike
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
she is 5.5 months
I just started ds on "solids"(an avacado, some raw potato). He was exactly this age and I did not want to. I totally planned on EBF only until 12 months, but he had other plans.

He loved spoons too and would cry while we were eating. Mimiced chewing while we were and tried to grab food off our plates.

Here is a link I was sent to help when I did have to start:
http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedseli...uidelines.html
DD Maria November 2/2010

New baby coming March 2013!
babydirtybike is offline   Reply With Quote