Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #11
lilmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any experience using org*sm to start labor?

With ds, my water broke about 45 min. after the big "o". I was 38w4d.

Advertisement

Mama to N (1/15/08) and B (1/29/10)!
lilmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #12
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

I'm the O-Queen during pg and it's never helped out with starting labor, no matter how many times a day I tried. Maybe my body was just too used to them.

However, with my first UC, my dh gave me 3 O's in a about a 30 minute space of time right after labor started. We also dtd twice during this time as well (quickie time!)--I kept making him stop during the contractions--but it did help things along quickly. My entire labor/birth was less than 3 hours. I never checked my cervix or anything so I can't measure the progress that was made, I only know that, IMO, it felt TOO fast and my labor didn't get time to build up naturally. I went from contractions every 15 minutes to every 2-3 minutes within 30 minutes.

So I guess if your body is "ready" it does something, like maybe during early labor?

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyvegan View Post
I'm the O-Queen during pg and it's never helped out with starting labor, no matter how many times a day I tried. Maybe my body was just too used to them.

However, with my first UC, my dh gave me 3 O's in a about a 30 minute space of time right after labor started. We also dtd twice during this time as well (quickie time!)--I kept making him stop during the contractions--but it did help things along quickly. My entire labor/birth was less than 3 hours. I never checked my cervix or anything so I can't measure the progress that was made, I only know that, IMO, it felt TOO fast and my labor didn't get time to build up naturally. I went from contractions every 15 minutes to every 2-3 minutes within 30 minutes.

So I guess if your body is "ready" it does something, like maybe during early labor?
WTH??? You had s%x during labor??
Old 01-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
If your bags of waters is leaking, penetration is a big no-no, so I would stick w/ digital manipulation.
it has slowed considerably so IDK if it is from dtd last night or extra discharge (although it is pretty watery) Thanks for the remider to refrain from dtd till I figure that out
Old 01-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #15
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebee View Post
WTH??? You had s%x during labor??
Old 01-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #16
amberpayne27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Didn't work for me. However, a friend of mine told me that she went into labor pretty quickly after using, um, a vibrating pleasuring device
Jesus lovin' wife to my 3rd grade sweetie and Homeschooling mama to my funny little 5 year old diva, Kelsie ,Stella Mae, my 2 year old wild child and Judah Jenkins, our sweet miracle rainbow baby born 11/3/12
Missing our tiny love bugs 6/11, 4w4d and 10/11, 9w1d
amberpayne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #17
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just reading along ... I was wondering the same thing!

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #18
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard that. I haven't had any experience with it working. I don't remember if I tried it with my first or not, but I didn't with my last set of twins.

Anyway, either way, it sounds fun. I'd just like to have an O, labor or not! (Although, being only 26wks, it's too early for labor anyway, but never to early to O!)
Old 01-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #19
phantomriver
Registered Users

My Mood:

Did me no good with DS#1 but everyone is different.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #20
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyvegan View Post

However, with my first UC, my dh gave me 3 O's in a about a 30 minute space of time right after labor started. We also dtd twice during this time as well (quickie time!)--I kept making him stop during the contractions--but it did help things along quickly
. My entire labor/birth was less than 3 hours. I never checked my cervix or anything so I can't measure the progress that was made, I only know that, IMO, it felt TOO fast and my labor didn't get time to build up naturally. I went from contractions every 15 minutes to every 2-3 minutes within 30 minutes.

Now, THAT is some determination!