Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #21
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ambien....whatcha think??

I had taken ambien ONCE before becoming pregnant. It knocked me out so completely that my husband couldn't wake me at all even when shaking me. I just kept snoring, which made him feel fine that at least I was breathing.
Knowing how deeply I fell asleep on it, when I was given ambien at the end of my first pg, I was nervous. Not about harming the baby, but about falling asleep so deeply I wouldn't wake up for my nightly trek to the ladies room.
I was scared to death I'd pee the bed. HAHA
I took half a pill instead of a whole one. I didn't wake up, but I didn't pee the bed either! I took the other half the following night. I felt totally recharged after two good nights of sleep.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #22
cwieberdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootyGold View Post
I don't have hypnosis for insomnia...I should look into it! Its not just a problem for me when I'm preggers. I'm a super light sleeper and always have trouble falling back asleep when I'm woken up.
Hypnobabies has a track specifically for pregnant ladies and it's available for download for about $16 They also have a sleep hypnosis track for non-pregnant people.
cwieberdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #23
mommy2twins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would take it only 1 night. I was literally addicted to Ambien for 7 years. It's very addicting and very hard to get off. I took it every other day with my last pregnancy...but I'd be careful. It effects every person differently. Make sure you have nothing to do the next day so in case you feel "hung over" or you feel like you can't stay awake. Make sure your husband is there to make sure you don't get in the car and drive while your asleep(yes, i have done that...scary!) One night wont be bad, but I'd be careful. You do need rest. Have you tried Homeopathic remedies?
AprilSAHM to my fab twin girls (3/07)Maddison and Cameryn Grace , and Samuel born 1/10 by an amazing waterbirth using hypnobabies, Zander born 3/12 a beautiful home water birth using Hypnobabies both fully intact non vaxing,ing, , and wife to my awesome high school sweet heart of 12 years
***HYPNOBABIES CHILDBIRTH HYPNOSIS INSTRUCTOR- St. Louis, MO!***
mommy2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #24
monicadd
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ambien is safe for pregnancy. But some react differently. me.... i do stuff. Im on of the few that like... have to watched so i dont drive. I was in the hospital once and they gave it to me, somehow i took off my monitors and creep out my room, a nurse found me humming the mission impossible song and pretending to be a sneaky spy down the hall. i kid you not. also, in that time i ate a whole box of brownies i had in my room.

My aunt, also eats when on it, then wakes to find wrappers and dont remember it. They say if you react, then others in your family will, or if others in your family have, then you could.

Not trying to scare you, just giving you facts of things that can happen. Now i have still taken it many time. i just have to make sure the doors are locked. LOL.
Devoted and Gorgeous DH CJ
monicadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #25
BootyGold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadd View Post
Ambien is safe for pregnancy. But some react differently. me.... i do stuff. Im on of the few that like... have to watched so i dont drive. I was in the hospital once and they gave it to me, somehow i took off my monitors and creep out my room, a nurse found me humming the mission impossible song and pretending to be a sneaky spy down the hall. i kid you not. also, in that time i ate a whole box of brownies i had in my room.

My aunt, also eats when on it, then wakes to find wrappers and dont remember it. They say if you react, then others in your family will, or if others in your family have, then you could.

Not trying to scare you, just giving you facts of things that can happen. Now i have still taken it many time. i just have to make sure the doors are locked. LOL.
I guess its easy to laugh now that its over

My doc said that all the OB nurses at the hospital take it and then swap "Ambien stories". One of them said that her husband came home to find her riding their son's bike around the neighborhood looking for an imaginary lost dog
Old 01-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #26
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicadd View Post

OMG this made me I have heard of people doing some pretty crazy stuff on Ambien. I'd be scared to take it when I was pregnant just because of everything I've heard.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #27
twinmomma+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have never taken it but my DH took it for a brief time after coming out the hospital and man he was just plain MEAN - one night he took it and we started to talking about having another baby and he was so cruel and not like himself. I was crying and he didn't even seem to care. The funny part is that I am now pregnant and of course he is super happy about it. I know it affects everyone differently but man I am so GLAD he doesn't it take it anymore!

Oh I sleep eat a lot even when I am not pregnant! I also sleep walk and talk too- just to add more spice to our life

I didn't know you can take it during pregnancy? I sleep like poop right now too I am 34 weeks about and would love to take something but I didn't know you could.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #28
lyssaa
Registered Users
seller

Before pregnancy I took 10 mg occasionally. I tried not to take it too much during my pregnancy with baby#3.
I did a couple times, but only 5 mg. It was great not to get up to pee- but in the morning my bladder was definitely full. I love how it knocks me out- but I dont take it now because my son is 3 months and I dont want to smash him.

Melissa..... mama to Natalie (8), Savannah (6), Eric (4) surrogate mom-to-be!
lyssaa is offline   Reply With Quote