Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #11
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: fuzzi bunz vs Bum genius 2.0 one size

As far as sizing goes, I definitely prefer the Fuzzi Bunz. In the absorbency department I'd rate them about the same. But my son is in a medium FB and we used the one size BG on the middle rise setting and I hated the fit. I have never gotten one-sized diapers to fit well, though, so I'm sure it's more of a peeve thing than a problem with BG. In fact, I love the "sized" BGs, just not the one-size.

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2007, 07:50 AM   #12
eandesmom
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I have FBs and I just got a BG 2.0 the other day. I love the fbs, and I also really like the bg, I like that the insert is removable, and I also really like the fit. I don't like that it's Aplix, I really do prefer snaps and another thing I am not too sure about is the envelope opening to remove the insert, but, I haven't had a poopy situation yet in this diaer. I do like both of them!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #13
nigellas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was a huge FBs fan until my son outgrew his smalls. The medium FBs are still too big and so BGs are filling in nicely. I may be a convert.

Baby beluga: 9.20.06
Porkchop: 3.30.09
nigellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #14
chrisandjames
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to add that we are having no problems overnight with the BG 2.0. I just use the insert that came with it and either a MF towel in thirds or a hemp insert as a doubler.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #15
momtophr
Banned
seller

I vote fuzzi bunz. MY 2 year old does not fit in BG anymore and it is way too easy for him to rip off those aplix tabs.
momtophr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:16 PM   #16
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thats what I am scared of the tabs...I can just imagine what the destructobot can do but when he wears disposables he doesn't.(so maybe that is promising?) ...but how long can the aplix tabs last in general? anyone...?
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #17
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I've always disliked FBs they just never fit DD right I love all other pockets that I've tried but BG, FFs and SBs are by far my faves in that order
Old 01-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #18
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really liked my FBs when you get a good fit. They are cute and very durable IMO. But the BG fit my dd like a glove! PERFECT! The aplix is very tight and kinda hard IME for little ones to pull off. But yes my dd can get one off if she wants. She can also undo front snaps, side snaps and pull of her wool! She quite a character LOL!

My dd is almost 28mths old and we still use the pocket BG on the med setting and have NEVER had a leak! We use them at night sometimes as well if we're not using wool and still no leaks! I've not had them long enough to know how well the aplix tabs will hold up but mine seem fine so far. My dh prefers the aplix tabs to snaps...actually he's not allowed to use anything that snaps anymore He just can't 'get' them. He just kinda snaps them however he wants and the diaper is nearly falling off our dd...he thinks the dipe doesn't fit right! Anyways maybe order some of both to see what you like. Use them both. I thought about getting some for this spring/summer in some bright colors to use along with my BG. But if i'm out and about and dont' wanna worry about any leaking its BG all the way!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #19
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Re: fuzzi bunz vs Bum genius 2.0 one size

good point...my husband isn't too fond of snaps and he doesn't have the patience either. I think I'm sold on the BG 2.0 and they have a warranty so if they suck I'll write or call. From what I heard she is a WAHM that is 100% behind her product...THANKS!!!
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #20
mrsjune
Banned
seller

My Mood:

BG ALL THE WAY!!!! I used FBs from newborn-4mo before trying a BG. My whole stash has changed to BG's and fitteds. I love the way the BG fits my dd and snaps on the FB's suck with she is rolling all over the place. Im able to stuff teh bgs more if I need to.
mrsjune is offline   Reply With Quote