Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Ellowyn
Registered Users

My Mood:
Questions about the arms reach co-sleeper...

I am thinking of getting an arms reach co-sleeper to use with our new baby. He's currently either in a bassinet in our room or in the bed. I am finding I am too tired to put him back in his bassinet at night. I think the co-sleeper might be a good option. I've had him in the bed with me, but he keeps rolling in towards me and ending up face down. I'm so tired that I'm afraid I won't wake up if he gets in trouble.

We have a really high bed though, do the extenders work for really high beds?

Do you recommend the mini or the original co-sleeper?
I like the size of the mini, but I don't know if it will last until he's 9 months or so when I want to transition him to a crib.

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
lovemyryguy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Questions about the arms reach co-sleeper...

I'd love to hear some thoughts too!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
maureen73
Registered Users
seller

I LOVED our co-sleeper. We have a high sleigh bed and it attached just fine. We had the Arms Reach Mini and it was not safe for us past 5 1/2 months when DS and DD were much more active. We then transitioned to the crib.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
starsrmndmeofyou
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It depends on wehn your LO starts pulling up- thats when they reccommend you stop using the cosleeper part - we loved our original though and im thinking about putting DS in it when he gets here - even though the one we have is pink
Old 01-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
momtoLirael
Registered Users

We could not afford and arms reach, but a plain crib with the side removed works quite well and will last you much longer. Just make sure it is well anchored to the side of your bed.
momtoLirael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
rileykidmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the sage mini co-sleeper. The mini is nice if you have a small bedroom or not a lot of room beside the bed (like us). The Arm's Reach website says to discontinue use "once your child is able to pull themselves to their knees." We love ours, and have loaned it out to friends for their infants. I'd say if you have room, get the original; if not, the mini is a good choice.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
backtobasics
Registered Users
seller

I have big babies - ds is 7.5 weeks old and 25.5" long and 14 pounds! I thought the mini was too small when we bought one with my dd. I like the co-sleeper, but we don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would. I like it when we dtd but I do the half a sleep nursing thing. It does match up to a taller bed nicely though.
backtobasics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
BeckysBabyMakes6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVED our co-sleeper (we have the original and got it off Craig's list for $80!). She slept in it until we moved her to the crib at 17 months! We only used the higher co-sleeper part until about 11 months when she started crawling (she was kind of delayed in gross motor). At that point we removed the higher part and she slept in the lower part (like a playpen) but still had it attached to our bed! It worked great and we both loved having her that close to me! If she woke up at night, I just had to throw an arm into the co-sleeper and pat her. I don't think you can use the mini as a playpen, so if you want to use it that way, you may want to get the original.

I had previously used a solo bassinet and a playpen with a bassinet attachment and I LOVE the co-sleeper so much more than either of those!!

I LOVE the fact that it has a super high weight limit (30lbs in the bassinet part, 50lbs in the bottom part). My 3rd baby outgrew the freestanding bassinet at like 4 months by weight and my 4th baby outgrew the bassinet part of the playpen by weight at 3 months!! This LO, though, could STILL sleep in the co-sleeper at 2 years old if I wanted her to (she's 20lbs)! I can not recommend the co-sleeper enough as I think it was one of my best purchases!

DD width-wise at 4 months

DS at 3.5 (he was right at 30lbs)!

DD at 8 months....tons of growing room still!

DD at almost 11 months just before we started using the lower setting. LOL
Old 01-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
BeckysBabyMakes6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVED our co-sleeper (we have the original and got it off Craig's list for $80!). She slept in it until we moved her to the crib at 17 months! We only used the higher co-sleeper part until about 11 months when she started crawling (she was kind of delayed in gross motor). At that point we removed the higher part and she slept in the lower part (like a playpen) but still had it attached to our bed! It worked great and we both loved having her that close to me! If she woke up at night, I just had to throw an arm into the co-sleeper and pat her. I don't think you can use the mini as a playpen, so if you want to use it that way, you may want to get the original.

I had previously used a solo bassinet and a playpen with a bassinet attachment and I LOVE the co-sleeper so much more than either of those!!

I LOVE the fact that it has a super high weight limit (30lbs in the bassinet part, 50lbs in the bottom part). My 3rd baby outgrew the freestanding bassinet at like 4 months by weight and my 4th baby outgrew the bassinet part of the playpen by weight at 3 months!! This LO, though, could STILL sleep in the co-sleeper at 2 years old if I wanted her to (she's 20lbs)! I can not recommend the co-sleeper enough as I think it was one of my best purchases!

DD width-wise at 4 months

DS at 3.5 (he was right at 30lbs)!

DD at 8 months....tons of growing room still!

DD at almost 11 months just before we started using the lower setting. LOL
Old 01-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
MissaGinny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use the mini because our room is too small for the original version but I wish I could fit an original because my LO is at 4 months and still fits fine but I know she'll be getting bigger and needing more room soon. Plus you can't lower the mini which would be nice. I love having her so close but still having my own space.