Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:
Cool When you're not feeling the love...

Someone please tell me they feel this way too!!!

I went into cloth diapering to have fun, and to bond with my daughter. When we first started back in September/October it was so much fun - waiting in the mail for new fluff, taking pictures in her new fluff etc...

And then I came here, and discovered all of these different brands I knew absolutely nothing about...and on came the customs, BP, etc...

But now...
I feel so burnt out! I mean to be honest it was less stressful buying spoises' at 20 bucks every two weeks...atleast you didn't wait for the mail, see if your customs were in, stalk HCs (although I don't do that! LOL) and worry that things you sent out will reach people... in this century

Anyone else feel me?
I mean at one point I wanted to just sell her entire stash and go back to disposables - even though I hate disposables, just so I wouldn't have to worry anymore...

But then the thought slipped to - now why would I want to do that? I love her diapers, I love how we have fun changing her little fluffy butt... I love the cloth diapering scene all together, good and bad...

I guess I am just burnt out... I have told myself after these 2 I have in the works, I am not buying anymore diapers for a good long time...

Does anyone else feel this way too? Any thoughts as to how I can shake these feelings?

Advertisement

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When you're not feeling the love...

You're not alone. With my boys I'd go back to sposies ALOT b/c I would just get burnt out. My mom would just roll her eyes at me b/c one week I'd be raving about cloth, then after a couple weeks, I'd say, "Well, ds is in sposies now..."

Now with dd, I do get burnt out but it's not nearly as bad. I've basically figured out what works for us and JUST buy those dipes. Now, I've started selling on ebay to fund the dipes, lol.

Yeah, I feel ya though. The only reason I'm buying more dipes now is b/c our stash isn't complete, just not enough dipes yet
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I felt that way for a long time. About 6 months or so after I switched ds1 to cloth. So I bought him a full stash of easy to use diapers that were dependable and that I loved and we didn't buy or sell for a long time. I didn't stumble back onto the cd'ing scene as it were until I was getting close to due with ds2. By then i was ready to start over. But again, ds2 got to about 6 months and I was sick and tired of the buying and selling (he grew super fast and by 6 months I was selling off his md's already). So I bought a bunch of OS dipes and got back out of it. Now here I am again. I had problems with my OS dipes and decided to change stashes again. But soon this stash will be complete and I am feeling myself growing weary of buying and selling again. I get tired of waking at night wondering if the diaper I sent made it to it's destination, if the person will like it, if the diaper I am waiting on will arrive today, how many more to buy, is the stash big enough ect. I think it is normal to get burnt out occasionally with it all. And eventually you get a second wind and start over. Sometimes I will be sitting around during my off times and I will think "I wish I had something pretty/special I was waiting on" or I will be tempted by something I see on some one else's babe on one of the boards. That is usually when I start back in again. Or when I get another addiction (like baby carriers or soft shoes ) But I can say that when I finnish off ds2's stash this time I will be done until he is ready to potty train. We are going with OS fitteds and large covers so unless he grows super big in the next 2 yrs we should be set. And I will be keeping these for the next babe as well, so I won't be buying much then either. I think after 3 yrs I am finally just ready to be done with it. Not with the cd'ing, but with the obsessive buying and selling. But of course you can cd without all of the stalking and so on. Some mama's just live for it.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2cntrykids View Post
You're not alone. With my boys I'd go back to sposies ALOT b/c I would just get burnt out. My mom would just roll her eyes at me b/c one week I'd be raving about cloth, then after a couple weeks, I'd say, "Well, ds is in sposies now..."

Now with dd, I do get burnt out but it's not nearly as bad. I've basically figured out what works for us and JUST buy those dipes. Now, I've started selling on ebay to fund the dipes, lol.

Yeah, I feel ya though. The only reason I'm buying more dipes now is b/c our stash isn't complete, just not enough dipes yet
Yeah, this is why im still buying dipes right now, but once these 2 are set up (lol still off and on to the designs...) I am done. I know we don't need anymore..
And no my DH would not let me put her back in sposies LOL not after everything we've gone through to have pretty fluff! Plus he's environmentally safe and stuff, so yeah he would flip right out!
I am buying what works for us, nothing else.. I did bow down to a couple of customs to try, but thats the only thing I have strayed away from....

Old 01-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
I felt that way for a long time. About 6 months or so after I switched ds1 to cloth. So I bought him a full stash of easy to use diapers that were dependable and that I loved and we didn't buy or sell for a long time. I didn't stumble back onto the cd'ing scene as it were until I was getting close to due with ds2. By then i was ready to start over. But again, ds2 got to about 6 months and I was sick and tired of the buying and selling (he grew super fast and by 6 months I was selling off his md's already). So I bought a bunch of OS dipes and got back out of it. Now here I am again. I had problems with my OS dipes and decided to change stashes again. But soon this stash will be complete and I am feeling myself growing weary of buying and selling again. I get tired of waking at night wondering if the diaper I sent made it to it's destination, if the person will like it, if the diaper I am waiting on will arrive today, how many more to buy, is the stash big enough ect. I think it is normal to get burnt out occasionally with it all. And eventually you get a second wind and start over. Sometimes I will be sitting around during my off times and I will think "I wish I had something pretty/special I was waiting on" or I will be tempted by something I see on some one else's babe on one of the boards. That is usually when I start back in again. Or when I get another addiction (like baby carriers or soft shoes ) But I can say that when I finnish off ds2's stash this time I will be done until he is ready to potty train. We are going with OS fitteds and large covers so unless he grows super big in the next 2 yrs we should be set. And I will be keeping these for the next babe as well, so I won't be buying much then either. I think after 3 yrs I am finally just ready to be done with it. Not with the cd'ing, but with the obsessive buying and selling. But of course you can cd without all of the stalking and so on. Some mama's just live for it.
I've been having that problem too - with the size issues! When we started, we went to mediums because she's long and chubby...and she grew out of mediums SO fast it wasn't even funny! Even some larges don't fit her which is SO frustrating. Because once she's out of larges, we're going to potty training! LOL ...
But yeah I don't stalk either, one spot I scored on a HC was purely a fluke, I don't sit there and watch them, I can't ... LOL even if I could, I couldn't , I can't afford msot of the HC fluff out there...so that saves me! LOL...but yeah the obsessive buying and selling is what is bugging me right now.... Ack!

Old 01-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #6
Christinemomof2
Registered Users

You live in Canada and you could get away with only spending $20 on sposies every two weeks?! The thing that above all makes me keep dd in cloth is that we were spending about $100 a month on sposies. We went thru two boxes easy a month at $40 + tax a month!
Christinemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
mimid
Registered Users
seller

I find I'm always revamping the stash. Right now I'm slowly moving away from our mass-produced dipes to WAHM ones and also to more natural fibers. I als recently started splurging on some nice wipes and matching tees, dresses and shoes for our woolies.
mimid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #8
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinemomof2 View Post
You live in Canada and you could get away with only spending $20 on sposies every two weeks?! The thing that above all makes me keep dd in cloth is that we were spending about $100 a month on sposies. We went thru two boxes easy a month at $40 + tax a month!
Yup because we only bought the no name dipes, sometimes we bought Pampers but not often...

Old 01-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #9
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been here about a month - at first I was super enthusiastic, but now, afer a spending spree that makes my cc ache, I'm a little burnt out. I've tried all I want to try for the time being and I think I'm just going to make a list of the things we actually need, watch for those, and hang back from fsot for a little while, until I kick it into gear again to start a nb stash IF we decide to try again this fall. I'm just going to enjoy what we have and dream about the perfect nb stash. If I were you I'd just hang back a little, too. It can be stressful obsessing over what will workbest and worrying about what you bought not fitting right and when you can find more of what does work well...of course, fluffymail is so much fun, too...
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #10
Shanna&threeboys
Registered Users
seller

Yup, I know exactly what you mean. I've been cd'ing for 11 months and I've felt burnt out plenty of times. At first my ds couldn't tolerate anything with fleece or suedecloth in it. So we had to sell all our pockets. Then we went to prefolds. Which was great until he got too wiggly to pin them. So I started moving towards fitteds. But I got frustrated with them because it was hard to find ones that were a good fit and were absorbant enough. Then I discovered that suedecloth no longer bothered him and we switched back to pockets. Hated stuffing them so we moved towards AIO's. Ugh. I'm so burnt out right now that I just want to scream!! But I LOVE the world of cd'ing, and the awesome community I've discovered, and I really do love the diapers. Right now we're having a tough time keeping our AIO's clean so I'm taking a break. Ds is going to spend a few days in sposies and I'm stripping the dipes. And we'll figure out where to go from there. I find that the best thing to do when I feel like this is to just take a break. I get sick of sposies super fast and I know that within a few days I'll be ready to jump back into cloth.