Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #11
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:
Re: When you're not feeling the love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
I've been here about a month - at first I was super enthusiastic, but now, afer a spending spree that makes my cc ache, I'm a little burnt out. I've tried all I want to try for the time being and I think I'm just going to make a list of the things we actually need, watch for those, and hang back from fsot for a little while, until I kick it into gear again to start a nb stash IF we decide to try again this fall. I'm just going to enjoy what we have and dream about the perfect nb stash. If I were you I'd just hang back a little, too. It can be stressful obsessing over what will workbest and worrying about what you bought not fitting right and when you can find more of what does work well...of course, fluffymail is so much fun, too...
LOL I hear you there! Although we're not going to be trying agan anytime soon... I am burnt out too! I don't have a CC myself (LOL thank ye gods!) but yeah my PP account is going HEEEEELLLLPPP MEEEEE!!! LOL ... I think for now I am just going to sit back , enjoy the dipes we do have ... and yeah

Advertisement

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna&threeboys View Post
Yup, I know exactly what you mean. I've been cd'ing for 11 months and I've felt burnt out plenty of times. At first my ds couldn't tolerate anything with fleece or suedecloth in it. So we had to sell all our pockets. Then we went to prefolds. Which was great until he got too wiggly to pin them. So I started moving towards fitteds. But I got frustrated with them because it was hard to find ones that were a good fit and were absorbant enough. Then I discovered that suedecloth no longer bothered him and we switched back to pockets. Hated stuffing them so we moved towards AIO's. Ugh. I'm so burnt out right now that I just want to scream!! But I LOVE the world of cd'ing, and the awesome community I've discovered, and I really do love the diapers. Right now we're having a tough time keeping our AIO's clean so I'm taking a break. Ds is going to spend a few days in sposies and I'm stripping the dipes. And we'll figure out where to go from there. I find that the best thing to do when I feel like this is to just take a break. I get sick of sposies super fast and I know that within a few days I'll be ready to jump back into cloth.
OH I completely understand! We've switched out so many diapers because we heard they were the "rave" and then discovered they don't work for my DD. For example - we had a complete stash of FB - halfway through collecting the stash they started cutting her legs open, so off they went. Then we found the BG love, and they didn't work so again, off they went. Then we found the pocket love - and we had some which worked, some which didn't work. So the ones which didn't work we sold.
And then we discovered she's inbetween sizes because of her body shape...so we have all larges, but then i've noticed some fit nicely and some don't fit...oi.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #13
chunkymonkey'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hugs Mama!! I have been there too! Just take a couple months off from buying. I did and it was refreshing! If you want to use a sposie, use a sposie, if you want to use a cd, use one! Just don't stress yourself with it! I have 2 in dipes (one is PT currently ) and there were times where we would go a week in sposies just to be able to catch up on everything else. Then we would go back to cloth. No worries! Do what makes you feel happiest!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #14
sienna
Registered Users

Personally i think staying at home and raising kids has seasons where it is alot of of drudgegy and obsessing about diapers (or whatever) gives you a "hobby" and it is okay to get bored with your hobby... at least that it how i feel.

S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #15
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's like an obsession- I have to find the perfect fitting diaper for ds! He is right between a medium and large in most dipes and it is driving me crazy!

I have tons of FB's but I'm not buying more. Right now I'm doing what I should have done in the first place and I'm getting as many different large pockets as I can- but one at a time- not 12 or 15 lol!

I'm interested in AIO's but don't think my front loader would work well for those and I'm not sure that I would like fitteds/covers. I totally drool over the beautiful dipes you ladies have- I think ds looks adorable in a plain FB but am embarassed to post a picture of him in his "cheap dipe" because you all have gorgeous embroidered custom expensive diapers. Although I do have an embroidered fleece Preston's Pants coming- my first somewhat expensive dipe, and I could only talk myself into that because my baby's name is Preston!

I think the search is part of the fun and then we have something to look forward to on our same sh*t different day schedules when we are waiting for fluffly mail but it can get exhausting and my husband is so sick of hearing me talk about dipes!

It's good to know there are people that feel the same!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #16
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey'smomma View Post
Hugs Mama!! I have been there too! Just take a couple months off from buying. I did and it was refreshing! If you want to use a sposie, use a sposie, if you want to use a cd, use one! Just don't stress yourself with it! I have 2 in dipes (one is PT currently ) and there were times where we would go a week in sposies just to be able to catch up on everything else. Then we would go back to cloth. No worries! Do what makes you feel happiest!
My happiest is in cloth I think its just the competitveness is all...
I dunno, I guess its just me being burnt out...

Old 01-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #17
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna View Post
Personally i think staying at home and raising kids has seasons where it is alot of of drudgegy and obsessing about diapers (or whatever) gives you a "hobby" and it is okay to get bored with your hobby... at least that it how i feel.

S
Exactly! Its a hobby... Of course because of my hobby she has cute fluff...

Old 01-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #18
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahjennings View Post
It's like an obsession- I have to find the perfect fitting diaper for ds! He is right between a medium and large in most dipes and it is driving me crazy!

I have tons of FB's but I'm not buying more. Right now I'm doing what I should have done in the first place and I'm getting as many different large pockets as I can- but one at a time- not 12 or 15 lol!

I'm interested in AIO's but don't think my front loader would work well for those and I'm not sure that I would like fitteds/covers. I totally drool over the beautiful dipes you ladies have- I think ds looks adorable in a plain FB but am embarassed to post a picture of him in his "cheap dipe" because you all have gorgeous embroidered custom expensive diapers. Although I do have an embroidered fleece Preston's Pants coming- my first somewhat expensive dipe, and I could only talk myself into that because my baby's name is Preston!

I think the search is part of the fun and then we have something to look forward to on our same sh*t different day schedules when we are waiting for fluffly mail but it can get exhausting and my husband is so sick of hearing me talk about dipes!

It's good to know there are people that feel the same!
I completely feel the same way! I have to find the perfect fit, yet matching with her clothes and to be cute and not too pricey at the same time. We've been buying them either one or two at a time, not all at once... so yeah.

And I think its cool when I get a package of fluff - makes my dull day nice!

Old 01-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #19
hssusie
Registered Users
seller

I know exactly how you feel!!

For my first 3 kiddos all I had was Gerber pfs, pants and pins. That is all I knew, all I could afford, and it worked. Know what (I keep reminding myself of this)....I never had a headache over diapers back then, and I spent way more time with my kids instead of the diapers!!! There! I have confessed.

With Hannah Grace we have gone through wicking pockets, ill fitting leg holes, etc, etc, etc. I have now decided to just go with pfs that never wick or leak, and always fit, and Mother Ease products that are very practical. I want dipes that I can bleach without fears cuz I love clean diapers. I want diapers that hold a lot of pee. I want diapers that fit no matter the type of baby.

I want to stop the obsession with cute diapers that noone will see anyway.

You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, training them up in God's fear, minding the house, and making your household a church for God as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts. ~Charles Spurgeon
hssusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:16 PM   #20
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hssusie View Post
I know exactly how you feel!!

For my first 3 kiddos all I had was Gerber pfs, pants and pins. That is all I knew, all I could afford, and it worked. Know what (I keep reminding myself of this)....I never had a headache over diapers back then, and I spent way more time with my kids instead of the diapers!!! There! I have confessed.

With Hannah Grace we have gone through wicking pockets, ill fitting leg holes, etc, etc, etc. I have now decided to just go with pfs that never wick or leak, and always fit, and Mother Ease products that are very practical. I want dipes that I can bleach without fears cuz I love clean diapers. I want diapers that hold a lot of pee. I want diapers that fit no matter the type of baby.

I want to stop the obsession with cute diapers that noone will see anyway.
LOL I know! Considering the dipes are under the clothes (unless shes in the house) but I am always on the lookout for pretty fluff