Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #21
Momofboys
Registered Users
seller

Re: When you're not feeling the love...

I think that i have finally come to the end of my obsession and my hobby of diaper-buying. It took the discovery of BG AIOs to do that, but I finally have found a diaper that fits great, holds up well, and is sooo trim. I love that now that I have a full stash of them, I have no more diaper obsession...even though I still love to CD Lincoln. I am now only one here very rarely...and I really like that because I dont feel tied to the computer anymore and I am not really spending time buying/selling.

I still feel the love, just not the obsession.

Advertisement

Momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #22
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've just recently found ds and my house is messier because of it!
Not that I wasn't obsessed before or anything!

Want to know something really sad? Today is my birthday and while my baby is napping and dh has my older boys out in the snow I am on here!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #23
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
I think that i have finally come to the end of my obsession and my hobby of diaper-buying. It took the discovery of BG AIOs to do that, but I finally have found a diaper that fits great, holds up well, and is sooo trim. I love that now that I have a full stash of them, I have no more diaper obsession...even though I still love to CD Lincoln. I am now only one here very rarely...and I really like that because I dont feel tied to the computer anymore and I am not really spending time buying/selling.

I still feel the love, just not the obsession.
Thats it! I feel the love, not the obsession.. I feel this huge wave of relief when I tell people after these 2 dipes im not buying anymore for some time!

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #24
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahjennings View Post

Want to know something really sad? Today is my birthday and while my baby is napping and dh has my older boys out in the snow I am on here!
LOL I relate! I was drinking alone on my birthday and actually went through a transaction on here ON my birthday! LOL ...

Old 01-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #25
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do think it can get obsessive. I'm there right now because I'm trying to figure out what trainers I want and what diapers I should part with..... As soon as I'm done though I'm going to pull myself away and enjoy just using the cloth we have.

I really think it's about getting mail, so I use my PP to buy clothes for the kids or scrap booking supplies or something small that comes right away in the mail.

HC is fun but mostly disappointing. I try for things and hardly ever get them. Then ask myself why I wasted an hour of my day obsessing about a silly diaper!

Anyway, you're not alone.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #26
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJane View Post
I do think it can get obsessive. I'm there right now because I'm trying to figure out what trainers I want and what diapers I should part with..... As soon as I'm done though I'm going to pull myself away and enjoy just using the cloth we have.

I really think it's about getting mail, so I use my PP to buy clothes for the kids or scrap booking supplies or something small that comes right away in the mail.

HC is fun but mostly disappointing. I try for things and hardly ever get them. Then ask myself why I wasted an hour of my day obsessing about a silly diaper!

Anyway, you're not alone.
Thank you so much! I appreciate this
And yeah I do that too, I use my PP to buy the kids things... Oi too much so! LOL... but yeah once these fluff come in, I am backing away for awhile and enjoying what we do have. I mean im happy with what we have, I found something which works so im sticking to it

Old 01-28-2007, 05:27 PM   #27
sienna
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahjennings View Post

sounds familiar!!

S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #28
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

You'll get it back. I get into a cloth diapering "funk" once in a while but it always comes back to bite me and my bank account again.
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #29
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momovthree View Post
You'll get it back. I get into a cloth diapering "funk" once in a while but it always comes back to bite me and my bank account again.
LOL yeah I think that will eventually happen to us too...

Old 01-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #30
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i started cding max when he was about 5mos and only did it for about 4-5 mos or so...it got a bit too overwhelming and expensive to build up my stash. when i became pg with ds3 i started looking into it again. esp once i saw the bg 1.0 aios for sale all over the place before the 2.0s came out...i just re-entered the "world" again and i feel as though it's going much better. i realize that i'm a pocket or aio gal, any 2 part system is just a bit too much for me...i need to keep it sposie-like for myself, not dh or the sitter or grandma. if it's not, i probably won't keep up again. i'm flipping thru different styles & brands to see what works but i knew from before what i liked and what i didn't so it's been much easier.

i'm also trying to build up a nb/sm stash, but seeing as how i'm wanting pockets & aios and they don't hold nb bf poo as well, i don't know how it's going to go. right now i've only got some sez nb & sm dipes and a bg aio...i'm thinking that bg aios may be our winner, easy, trim and hold enough for what i'm looking for. and i've got pockets to super stuff at night once ds3 gets bigger. right now ds2 is fitting in med & lgs so i really am building up my m & lg stash, and once i'm done with that i can start working on the nb/sm come spring.

i'm just hoping that i don't do all this and get burnt out again...though this time i'll probably hold onto my dipes a little longer instead of selling them all off the minute i got tired of it...i'm bummed that my med dipes from when i started are all gone they'd still fit right now.

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote