Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: One baby... two placentas????

Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
Amen to this!!! Techs are NOT supposed to be telling you anything for this exact reason!! Technically their gender determination is an opinion, not a fact or anything that goes in your charts!
I had an early u/s with my first pregnancy and the tech wouldn't even tell me it was twins! They took pics, my mom could see and everything, but they didn't mention a word of it to me!! I went home, my mom had already told me she saw 2 babies, and the nurse told me over the phone! I didn't get a u/s pic or anything! The nurse even said the techs aren't supposed to tell you anything, especially when it comes to a diagnosis of something, because a dr has to review and confirm the findings. And oddly enough, I had 2 placentas that fused together with my twins, but the techs could never tell whether it was 1 placenta that they shared or 2 fused together. After they were born the dr showed me that they were 2 fused.
I'm really curious to find out what you end up hearing about this. I've never heard of 2 placentas for 1 baby, unless it was a lost pregnancy or something, but even that's pretty rare.
I had an appoitnment with my OB last Thursday.. and he had not received my U/S results 4 days later (ugh!). I told him what the tech told me and he had a name for having two placentas and said that it shouldn't be a big deal.. he'll just have to make sure that I deliver both placentas. Hopefully he'll call me if he opinion changes. He was pretty sure that I'll be able to deliever naturally though. I'm sure he'll order at least one more U/S later on. I'm just crossing my fingers that the tech was wrong. I'll update when I know more.

mclaybrook is offline   Reply With Quote