Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
yummama
Registered Users
seller

Flip covers with GMD prefolds?

I just invested over $250 on FSOT for pocket diapers, only to find out that they aren't going to work for us. Argh! Why can't I just buy a couple of something and try it out Anyhow, I am going to sell those and go back to my GMD prefolds. But I need new size Large covers. My main problem with prefolds lately has been the fact that my DD will NOT stay still for a snappi diaper change. I have been eyeing the Flip covers for the last couple of days, wondering if GMD prefolds (I have the large organic ones, but I also have the next sizes down....) would work well in place of their inserts. I have tried doing a trifold in a bummis and thirsties and it just hasn't worked. Also, DD will not keep velcro on, and with spring summer coming up, I know she is going to be wearing just diapers under dresses, so I am kind of excited about the snaps on the Flip. So....has anyone used prefolds in the Flip? Do they stay in well? Do you happen to have a picture of the inside of the Flip with a prefold in it? Or can anyone link me to a picture of the inside of the Flip...I can't seem to find one. Thanks!

Advertisement

yummama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
thinkingahead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flip covers with GMD prefolds?

How old is your lo? I use gmd organic reds trifolded in my econobums (not quite what you asked for) and they work great. DS is 16m and about 24 lb... Here is a pic of an econobums (snapped to middle rise):

and on (ignore ds pulling the cover down)

Here is the LONG thread about flips/econobums, the pics on the first page show the inside of the flips (I think):
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...t=flip+picture

And pics on toddlers:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...t=flip+picture

eta: the flips have a nice flap to tuck in the prefolds and double rows of snaps. I prefer the single row and white econobums (plus can't beat the price!) But I too would love to see other responses!

Last edited by thinkingahead; 02-02-2010 at 10:02 AM.
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
slwat7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would like to know too, but I already have a flip and an econobum otw. I too spent a lot on BGOS and then just sold them all and am going back to flats/pfs and covers. I also have some kawaii os covers otw. I am hoping this will all work. Hope you get some anwers!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
SDRS
Registered Users

I use GMD prefolds w/ the Flip cover all the time, it is my favorite daytime system! The flaps on the Flip cover hold the prefold well and prevent any wicking. I use the yellow edge GMD prefold in the small and medium setting on the Flips. Love them! I doubt I'll have to order any larger than the red edge when my LO is older either. I think the red edge would fit nicely trifolded in the FLIP cover on the largest setting. Hope that helps.

(and yes, I know this is an old post but anyone else curious, here's your answer)
SDRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

old post I see but this is my favorite thread comparing GMD prefolds and flats with medium and large settings in the Flip.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...73&postcount=1
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
Anniee19
Registered Users
seller

We use Flips with GMD's quite frequently around here! DS is on the smallest rise setting on the Flips still and we trifold GMD yellow edge prefolds and lay in the cover and it fits perfect with no bunching. They are pretty darn trim and we haven't had a leak yet, even with EBF poo!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
averysydneymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRS View Post
I use GMD prefolds w/ the Flip cover all the time, it is my favorite daytime system! The flaps on the Flip cover hold the prefold well and prevent any wicking. I use the yellow edge GMD prefold in the small and medium setting on the Flips. Love them! I doubt I'll have to order any larger than the red edge when my LO is older either. I think the red edge would fit nicely trifolded in the FLIP cover on the largest setting. Hope that helps.

(and yes, I know this is an old post but anyone else curious, here's your answer)
This mama said it all

I use the GMD yellows trifolded, but I have also used the reds, they are just bulkier.
Wife, Educator, Christian, frugalista, and trying to be more GREEN mama to DD1 (6/07) and DD2 (4/10)and TT#3!
averysydneymommy is offline   Reply With Quote