Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Scared to CD at Night, Help Me

So we have been CDing during the day and I love it, but I am afraid to CD at night. My DD sleeps 12-14 hours at night and is a heavy wetter. I am using AIOs and AI2s during the day (always with hemp doublers). Someone convince me to CD at night. Please tell me I can make it work. Any suggestions on what to try would be great also. TIA

Advertisement

Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
sienna
Registered Users

Re: Scared to CD at Night, Help Me

I love your dd's name...

I was scared too, till the sposies started leaking...my 16.5 pound 5 month old, who nurses all night, wears a pocket stuffed with two cotton babies o/s inserts, or a medium fb microfibre insert plus a small hh stuffin or small hh microfibre insert. (hope that makes sense) I change her from a regular pocket at about 10pm and put this nightime diaper on then. But my dd nurses all night..so if your dd doesn't i think she'd be okay in a double stuffed diaper.

You might also try Leo Baby's mighty nighty inserts (hyena cart). I plan to get some at some point, but for now i'm still stash building.

S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was scared to do it too!! But I just took a deep breath and did it...only to be happily surprised! My favorite overnight diaper is a BG onesize with the cottonbabies insert on top of a hemp insert (either hemp babies or joeybunz.) There have also been nights when she fell asleep in a FB with 1 MF nsert, and a SB AIO (I had a fit when I realized this!) but she was dry in the AM! Now I am scared to put her to bed in a sposie! When I had to on our trip cross country I covered it with a fleece cover!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
ahisma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was too...but DH was all for it. We usually put a Stacinator Deluxe over what he's wearing just in case...but we're slowly getting more confident.

DS is a heavy wetter too. We've had good luck with a BG 1.0 with 2 inserts and a doubler or a Happy Hempies with a hemp insert, mf towel and a doubler under wool.

Truly, when it comes down to it, what's the worst that can happen? A load of laundry and a morning bath?

ahisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank You Sienna

DH is all for it, and you are so right the worst thing that can happen is I have to do some laundry and give a bath. DD sleeps a solid 12-14 hrs, no waking up or feeding. I don't own any pockets, so I don't know all the lingo. What exactly should I get? I am weary of wool because my mom, me and my sister all have wool allergies. DD is also big for her age (if that makes a difference). She is 20 lbs at a little over 7 mo.
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
sienna
Registered Users

Okay, so you have a few options...but i think the easiest least complicated start would be to get a bumgenius onesize pocket diaper; these come with cotton babies one size microfibre inserts. You will probably need a second insert, you could use a microfibre towel (from wallmart). Or you could use hemp. always put the microfibre ontop of the hemp.

I put my bum genius onesize double stuffed on my 5 month old completely unsnapped. The leo baby inserts are one insert that combines microfibre and hemp in one insert but it is about the same thickness i think. (http://hyenacart.com/leobaby/)

If you don't want to go the pocket route and are concerned about wool you can absolutely use fleece. stacinator makes fleece covers. you could try those over a very baby simply nights or other nighttime diaper. I think some mammas also use peewells at night.

hth
s

fyi, we also use medium fuzzibunz double stuffed at night and my dd has alot of room to grow in them.

Last edited by sienna; 01-28-2007 at 06:21 PM.
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say try a BG OS pocket too! I use them on my 28mth old with the CB insert and a joeybunz hemp behind it. Never ever a leak!! Good luck!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #8
leobaby04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi there! A lot of people have good luck with my night-time insert. You would need a pocket diaper of some sort: Fuzzi Bunz, Happy Heiny, etc. You can find the link in my siggy, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
leobaby04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:38 PM   #9
ahisma
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you can't do wool...then you should definitely try a Stacinator Deluxe Fleece. Those things are bulletproof. Perfect for overnight.

ahisma is offline   Reply With Quote