Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
At what point do I need to talk to my M/W?

My "morning sickness" from the beginning has been more like "all-day sickness." I was nauseous from about week 3 to week 9. Then from 9-11 it's been pretty mild, almost nonexistent. Then once I hit 11 weeks, it came back and for the past few days has been the worst I've ever had it.

I can eat a small bowl of cereal for breakfast and it's fine, but once it hits lunchtime I have little interest in eating something, but I usually make myself eat something small, like a PB&J. After that, though I feel so rotten that I can't even stand the thought of eating anything else.

At what point should I go and see my M/W about this? My next appt isn't until the first week of March, but the office has an OB Sick Call every morning that you can show up to with no appointment. The only issue is the office is 35 min away and I don't have a car, which means DH has to talk to his sergeants a day in advance to ask for the morning off.

I'm just not sure if I'm sick enough to warrant going to the office about it. I still manage to eat a bit, and I am not vomiting. I really don't want any medicinal intervention (i.e. anti-nausea pills), but I also don't want the baby to be effected by poor eating habits.

Mama to Little D 8.21.10
AmandaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
My Mood:
Re: At what point do I need to talk to my M/W?

I know how awful it is. I was so sick I could barely move and it lasted for a long time with my last. I think as long as you are staying hydrated and not vomiting that they will probably say it's pretty normal though. If your concerned follow your gut.
Kelly, knitting mama to 3 little loves and wifey to the hubs
foodie.yarnie.mommie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

My MW told me to take vitamin B6. It worked for me! I was sick until 4 months and asked what to do, and that worked for me! Hope you find something that works for you, I know how awful it is to feel sick all day everyday!
Stephanie madly in love with her Medical Student.
Mama to three gorgeous cowgirls, and one angel.

Handmade rustic home decor ~
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I would call the nurse line before going to OB sick call, but that may just be my extreme dislike for the woman's clinic at Fort Bliss.

What you described also sounds like how I spent the first 16-17 weeks with both DD and this pregnancy. As long as you can keep something down and stay hydrated then you are ok and baby will be fine. It's if you can't keep anything down for over 24 hours that it would be time to start worrying about dehydration.
Tara wife to David, mommy to Danica 6-23-08, Harlow 7-13-10, and Thea 12-17-2013.
That's right, we've been blessed with 3 girls!
taralee2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

If you don't want to go a medicine route then I'd think there's not much point in going to see them. I would try the B-6 that was my midwifes first step anyway. You could call the midwife and ask for advice by all means!!
Wife (35) to DH (36) Mom to DS (6/08) andTwin GIRLS BORN August 11, 2010
1sttimemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I was seriously sick with both my last set of twins and this one. I lost a little weight, but not too bad. My face constantly had purple dots all over it from throwing up so hard. I decided that unless I literally couldn't take care of my kids or I was losing some serious weight and getting dehydrated, I wasn't taking anything. So, I didn't talk much about it to my OB either time. I figured there was no point. My babies are fine. Well, my first set is. I assume these guys are too since they are growing well and seem to be doing well.

I bet it will go away soon. Mine sort of came and went as it slowly went away. Around 12 wks or so, I got a horrible surge and I thought it was worse than ever before. But, it started to come and go shortly after that. Mine lasted until about 18wks. But, keep in mind, I'm pregnant with twins. Likely, yours won't last as long as mine did. If you don't want meds, I wouldn't bother going in. If you do, that's okay too. Hang in there. It won't last forever.
Heather SAHM to 6 who are 7 and under, including 2 sets of twins and our last little miracle, a surviving identical twin, born Oct 2012!
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #7
Registered Users

I was super morning sick all through my first trimester and half my second, it was horrible and I worked with food The only thing that kept me sane and feeling well was sea bands, I pretty much lived in those things. Ginger tea helped too. I never tried B6, but that was because I didn't see my OB until I was 4 mons along and didn't know if it would hurt the baby or how much to take..that sort of thing.

Good luck mama!
againsttheoddsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

My midwife had me do a B6 vit with a Unisom (original formula) before rx'ing Zofran. I need the Zofran, but still take the B6 when I need a little extra relief.
Tia-CPS Technician and Wife to Richard 7.16.2005,
Stay at home Mama to Hospital birthed
Sophia Marie 11.29.2007 9lbs, 22"
and born at home Alaina Jean 8.21.2010 7lbs11oz, 20"
Surro twins- 1.6.2013- 37 weeks, born vaginally
5lb11oz and 4lb8oz
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
My Mood:

I also think -As long as your not vomiting and getting dehydrated, then it sounds like it's normal.
B6 might help if your up for trying it.
Hope you feel better soon!
Willow <3Wife & <3Mom of 4, CNA, Birth Doula, WAHM, FT Student, Founder Of SBSNC
Before the mountains were born, before you gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, you are God. -Psalm 90:2 NLV
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ditto pps... if you're able to keep down some food and fluid, that's good. If you have any doubts or concerns, you can always give your midwife a call and ask her what she rec's and at what point she would want you to come in, if at all, kwim? Hope it passes soon mama. I totally understand... I'm about 17 weeks and my m/s is still hanging on. It's been a rough 4 months
Kimberly Happily married, proud mama to 3 littles who grow too fast!
Keeping a gentle, loving, Catholic, and usually messy home
"How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers!" -Bl. Mother Teresa

Sparklebug is offline   Reply With Quote