Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Want to conceive, but scared (VBA2C)

Hi, just wanted to see if anyone is also in my situation, or has gone through it.

My pregnancy & delivery history:

1) Child #1 - emergency c-section (partial previa)

2) Child #2 - non-medicated, vaginal birth VBAC (very easy labor)

3) Child #3 - emergency c-section (which was more for OB's convenience, I believe, I knew I was just in latent labor but had gone in for a checkup because I had a nasty fall (right on my butt)...OB immediately had me admitted, baby was NOT in distress, OB proceeded to tell me that I was FTP, and my uterine muscles could be "overtired"...bla bla bla, in short, DH and me felt ambushed into having a c-sect)

Anyway, I felt sorely "cheated" with this last birth, especially knowing that I could and HAVE delivered vaginally before.

We want child #4 but I am apprehensive of going through all the process again, I had terrible anxiety and panic attacks during the c-section and after. There are no OBs that I know of where I am that would allow a VBA2C...not even when there is already a VBAC in between the c-sects. I just don't want to go through all that again, but we so want child #4.

Has anyone else gone through this? I mean, had a c-sect, then VBAC, then another c-sect and then on to have a VBAC again? I've tried searching for medical literature but have come across nothing specific to my situation. Apparently it doesn't matter if there was a vaginal birth in between 2 c-sects, in terms of chances of successful vbac/risk of rupture?

amelie'smum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Want to conceive, but scared (VBA2C)

I would suggest visiting ICAN ( and checking out the message board there. There will be many women there that have been in your shoes and can help you learn all the facts you need to know. I don't see why there is any reason you shouldn't be able to VBAC. There are women that go on to have VBAC after 2+ c-sections that haven't VBAC'd in between so you already having a VBAC should go in your favor.
Terra, wife to James (10.16.05), mama to Sasha (born via c/s 8.4.06), my sweet angel boy in heaven Glenn (born still on 5.2.08 my VBAC angel), George (born via VBAC on 11.17.09), June 2011 and September 2011 .
dornmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Want to conceive, but scared (VBA2C)

Ditto everything pp said. Also, you mentioned you don't know of any ob's willing to do a vba2c, have you looked into midwives in your area? GL mama, I definitely think you can go on to have another vbac, esp with one under your belt already
Kimberly Happily married, proud mama to 3 littles who grow too fast!
Keeping a gentle, loving, Catholic, and usually messy home
"How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers!" -Bl. Mother Teresa

Sparklebug is offline   Reply With Quote