Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Favorite baby swing?

My girlfriend gave us a Boppy brand swing. It's one of the smaller ones that is more reclined, low to the ground & has a lower weight limit. It's a great swing but I can see that Luke would prefer & needs to be sitting up more for the reflux. Also he's going to hit the weight limit sooner than later, as he's a few ounces shy of 12 lbs now at 5 weeks & it only goes to 20 lbs. I know the bigger swings go to 30 lbs.

Do you have a larger swing that you really like? Or even one that you got & didn't like? And why? Thank you!

Advertisement

ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite baby swing?

I got a Natures touch cradle swing used off CL. I really like it except for the fact that the music turns off after a few minutes and it does not come with a remote so someone has to get up to reset it. I have a weird baby who will not sleep without noise LOL we have to have a radio going in our bedroom at night now.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
bessaroni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
I got a Natures touch cradle swing used off CL. I really like it except for the fact that the music turns off after a few minutes and it does not come with a remote so someone has to get up to reset it. I have a weird baby who will not sleep without noise LOL we have to have a radio going in our bedroom at night now.
I have the same swing and I love it. It is annoying that the music turns off on its own but luckily once baby is asleep she doesn't seem to need it.
Need cute wall decals? Mention DiaperSwappers and get 15% off at WillowCreekSigns.
bessaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessaroni View Post
I have the same swing and I love it. It is annoying that the music turns off on its own but luckily once baby is asleep she doesn't seem to need it.
Well mine does LOL the second it turns off she starts to squeak
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
Momma2CuddleBugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessaroni View Post
Momma2CuddleBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:

I have a fischer price Little Lamb swing and I love it- lil guy is sleeping in it right now. I like the fact that it goes both side to side and front to back (though oddly Bryce only likes front and back, which supposedly is for older babies)

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

Last edited by NewYearsBaby; 02-05-2010 at 08:35 PM.
NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
mnbarmy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have the Graco Sweatpeace. I LOVE it. It has wonderful sound options that go indefinitely and can be plugged in or use batteries. You can have just the noise parts on if you want without the swing which is what we do in our room at night. He either listens to a thunderstorm, heartbeat or waterfall. It has 6 speed options and you can rotate which way the baby swings. If you have a graco carseat it can fit in the base as well. We used it with DS1 and have gotten a ton of use out of it already with DS2. You can also hook up your Ipod to it (and probably Iphone) and play music from your library if you want.
Meg---Daughter of the King, wife to Joe, mommy to Paxton my breech c-section baby born 3/6/08 and Emory my VBAC/wonderful birth experience baby born 1/19/10 and Lennox my amazing unmedicated VBAC born 10/18/2014
mnbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote